Sign in to follow this  
OUCH

I think my motherboard is killing Video Cards..

I have a problem with the PCI-E Slot 1, a) my spare ATI x300 won't work on it eventhough its a x16 device, but it works on 2nd slot. B) It's frying everything that I install on it... Here's what happens.. I install a new card, use it for 15 minutes.. Computer freezes, system reboots... And then no POST... All I get is one long beep, which according to the Manual is a DRAM problem... BUT when I take off the RAM, it beeps differently...

So help.. Please...

what you need to do, ouch, is to qualify your ram, before you even start here. Go into bios and enable memtest. Let it run overnight and make sure you get no errors. Make sure all 4 power connectors are hooked to mobo too.

what you need to do, ouch, is to qualify your ram, before you even start here. Go into bios and enable memtest. Let it run overnight and make sure you get no errors. Make sure all 4 power connectors are hooked to mobo too.

I've run it with memtest and passed it at 15 hours doing all the tests.

check out your video card first. your new replacement card might have taken a crap. not sure why your ati card will not work in pcie 1 ...but that card didnt work in pcie slot 1 on two ultra boards correct?

I'm having a similar problem with evga video cards. I've received 2 now that have died (differently though) within 3 weeks of operation. read here

I'm having a similar problem with evga video cards. I've received 2 now that have died (differently though) within 3 weeks of operation. read here

Hahaha I have an EVGA card too!