Sign in to follow this  
gtrdude485

Unknown devices after install?

Hey guys finally git my new pc up and running but still have a few qwirks to work out. In my Device Manager, i have 4 unknows devices. (1) Ethernet Controller and these three under System Devices (2) PCI Memory controller (3) SM Bus Controller (3) USB Controller. Now my internet works ok on the 1st LAN connection but i havent tried the second. Also, my SB Audigy ZS plat pro carfd works but the external hub cane receive signals from the remote even though the light blinks that signals that it is receiving a signal when i press a button..... im not sure about that might have t ocheck out creative's site. Thanks for the help.

I Installed 77.77 for 6800GT and 6.53 nForce WITHOUT firewall OR IDE(got BSOD with the IDE installed)

There just some of the device drivers on your CD that you did not install, its all NF4 related, I opted not to install them either because iv heard of weird probs with them, the default windows drivers seem to work just fine.

ive read that post before..... it says dont install UNLESS using raid. I have my wd's in raid-0 and I tried to install the IDE-SW drivers and i got BSOD: IRQL not less or equal....

sorry to bump old thread, but this one is exactly my problem.

i have 2 unknown devices in devicemanager, and i dont know what they are for. ive installed video, sound, nforce chipsets all successfully, yet at startup im nagged by 2 unknown hardware screens.

sorry to bump old thread, but this one is exactly my problem.

i have 2 unknown devices in devicemanager, and i dont know what they are for. ive installed video, sound, nforce chipsets all successfully, yet at startup im nagged by 2 unknown hardware screens.

Easy test! What's not working. Second network port, sound?

Those are your chipset components, why don't you get the lastest drivers off the nVIDIA instead of using your CD-ROM that came with your motherboard? :)

well everything seems to be working. the only thing i can think of is for the first time i didn't install the CCC with the atidisplay driver. just the display driver and ati tray tools this time. but that couldn't be it?

ive installed the latest nforce drivers(6.70) and checked everything, but didn't install ide driver or nvidia firewall

well i installed the full CCC and still there are 2 unknown devices. also i tried doing an automated driver search of the DFI driver cd, but they didn't find a driver. i wish i knew what these things were, but it only says 'unknown'

You missed something during the driver installs on the clean OS. Until you find something not working there's really no way of knowing.

well, is there at least a way to tell windows to stop coming up with these 'hardware not found' screens everytime i boot up windows?