Sign in to follow this  
Bobthebozo

A64 3500+ Venice - Max Volts?

What is considered by you experts to be a reasonable maximum CPU voltage for a 3500 Venice? Thinking in terms of long-term stability and safety right now, as temps don't seem to be a problem ... see sig.

I've had to really ramp up the voltage to get past 10x268!

TIA

Wow, I've got the same processor. The max voltage I use is 1.5, but I've read somewhere that for AMD64, recommend max voltage would be 1.6/1.65 on air cooling. If you use water you can go higher, though.

As for temperatures, below 50C is recommended.

Out of 3000+ 3200+ and 3500+ winnies and revies that I've had.......

I've used up to 1.7V but I've noticed that 1.65V is usually where your going to top out in getting any more stability or higher clocks.

As always be aware of your temps.

I'd recommend staying just under that point where you have to drastically ramp up voltages for a few Mhz gain

I mean... are those last 100Mhz really worth the effort?

but then again I guess I'm only a moderate overclocker in terms of attitude :)

I'd recommend staying just under that point where you have to drastically ramp up voltages for a few Mhz gain

Makes sense to me! I was just wondering if there was a "number" I should be aware of. Thanks!

venices dont really respond all that well to voltage, using over 1.5 will see little extra increase, in my case i see little increase in going over 1.45 except in temps. at 1.45v and 2.8ghz I get 40 degrees at load for several hours, and at 1.5 this increases by two degrees, all cooling is an xp120. so really as long as you stay under 50 degrees load you'll be fine up to 1.7v, but really its not worth it.