Sign in to follow this  
bmanilow

Power LED + sata II/ncq questions!

1) i cannot get the power led to work with my new case (chenbro gaming bomb II). the case only has 1 cable for the power LED and the mobo has 3 connectors. none of them work...any tips? does the ground from the case need plugged into one of the 3?

2) also, i recently bought a SATA II / NCQ hd. is there anything special i need to do to enable these features in the mobo? i have no idea how to test if they are working

thanks in advance!

The manual says that "LED Power (+)" can be found on pins 2 (closest to the end) and 4 (next one in from the end), but that about all I can tell you since my case came with two wires on the power led connector. As for the other question...we're gonna need more info to help you out. I'm assuming you're not talking about the hard drive in your sig, because I'm pretty sure that one's SATA II, but doesn't support NCQ.

BTW, you can get Everest Home Edition here http://www.lavalys.com/ for free. Check under "Storage" then "ATA", and it should tell you all you need to know. Sorry I couldn't get you the link straight to it...the site was down for maintenance when I went to find it.

The attached pic shows two red dots where you connect the wires to the center pin has no charge. If you plug it in and nothing lights up flip the plug 180 and plug it back in. I have seen from time to time a case with backwards wired leds.

You missed the point of the post there Neo...his cable only has one wire...

case3oz.jpg

here is a photo of what connectors are on his case. From the manual it shows both connectors.

Yeah, that's the exact same picture I looked at on the chenbro site earlier...look closer...the ground wire is separate from the power led. He was asking if that ground wire accounted for the other wire that the lanparty manual calls for. I'm not sure...are you saying that it does? So you see what I meant by you missed the point of the question now? You're previous instructions seemed to allude to the fact that they were connected.

sorry i updated my sig to reflect the new HD...i know i can enable the 3.0 GB transfer thru hitachi utilities, but im not sure about the SATAII and NCQ? any settings in the bios/mobo?

as for the power leds...the manual pic (thanks for attaching) shows there is only 1 cable for Power LED and 1 ground...if the center pin has no charge should i swap around the single + ground cables? should the ground even be connected?

thanks for the help!

The 3 GB transfer rate is SATA II. As far as I know that's the only difference between SATA II and SATA which has a transfer rate of 1.5 GB. As for NCQ...I'm pretty sure that you enable it through the same utility used to up the transfer rate to 3 GB. I'll get back to either today or tomorrow with more info as I will be receiving my new Hitachi today.