cant boot: one long beep tone

hallo

i cant boot wiht my dfi lanparty ultra nf4 . i got one long beep tone at the beginning. it seems that the vga card is not found. (gigabyte 6600gt pcix)

i tried to boot without my vga card and i got the same error.

so there might be a problem with the card or with the pci-x slot?

( the card was connected correctly)

sorry for my bad english and thanx!

swin

Take the lid of the case. How many LEDs are visible?

You'll also need to create a signature which shows what components there are in your PC (like mine that you see below this message).

thanks for ya help

all cables are connected of course

i think there are no leds ! well first all 4 then 3 then 2 at the end no led

i can also hear my hd that its booting to windows xp i think.... maybe i am wrong

sorry i think its not one long beep tone ... its one long and then 2 or 3 short.

i looked for codes and i have found that something with the vga card must be wrong but i hope its not the motherboard?

strange: my sig. doesnt work. here is my config:

winchester3200, dfi lanparty UT -d, maxtor 7200rpm 300gb, 2x crucial ballistix, gigabyte 6600gt pcix

no pic

well how i have told you it sounds like that it would boot as uasually but without a screen ;-/

and i tried to boot without the vga card and got the same beep tone so i think that no card war found

there is no special power connection for the card. but i connected all power connectors of the mainboard.

i was using dvi. but why shouldnt it work?

why should i hang earlier?

i also did a cmos reset and it didnt work. i havent changed the slot cos i thought i can use only one slot for the vga card

edit

i changed the pci slot. i get only one short (i think usual) beep but still a black monitor