How to burn an ISO

That is probably one of the easiest programs to follow! I like the screenshots.

Your BIOS suggestion, will they work with my configuration? I have tried two that were suggested to me and made my system unstable. Not sure what voltages to see on the smart guardian but here is what it says with BIOS at Opt settings.

CPU 1.37

LDT BUS 1.16

ATX +5 5.08

DRAM 2.62

ATX+12 12.16

NB+1.5 1.48

ATX+3.3 3.31

VBAT +3.0 3.1

Temps CPU 32/PWMIC 44/Chipset 42

Are these typical?

I am open to any suggestions before I start loading all sorts of apps, software, etc. stats of course are in sig. If more info needed, just ask.

Thank you in advance!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flashing the Bios makes me tingle all over :D

anticipation, hesitation, trepidation, frustration.

I spent most of last night reading the thread and like all the links.

Sharp, Pershoot, Tmod - I can't applaud you enough for all the effort you guys put into the forum. The huge array of DFI Bioses and Modded Bioses give DFI owners more choices than any other board available. This is priceless information. It all needs to be stickied.

Correct flashing and understanding of Bios techingues is something everyone with an Overclocker's board needs to know. It can make or break the performance of your rig. The more options and techniques available for a successful flash the better. I think the thread deserves some information on using "WinFlash" and "Hot-Flashing" as well. Bios Savior use, Bios Chip compatability, Spare Bios Chips, and all the good stuff. RGone, AG and the Mods are going to be very very busy when these new boards hit. (On Tuesday). Hard to find anyone not building a rig with a core that doesn't need flashing. Hellfire and Jess1313 are tied with other things. Seems it just needs somebody to compile.

Sure would like to see this whole Bios thing in one spot.

We've read enough of the posts from you guys to figure out it's not an ego thing as to who's thread it is, but rather, how can I help the others guys.

needs a nice link from THunDA's stuff here http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...154&postcount=2

I'm not sure why you can't post in the Bos Factory, but that's where this should be. I'm sure Alexia change that fast enough. Of all procedures, Bios Flashing really deserves the most Visual in the tutorials.

So move all this stuff over there in one bigaz thread.

AG/RGone for top post

List of all Bioses (you need pershoot's & Tmod's collections to have all the available ones). Official and modded sections.

Sharp CD WinAce/Magic ISO

Tmod CD using Nero

pershoot/others - AWD Flash Method

DFI self exe method

WinFlash method

HotFlashing

other nerdy posts.

All this stuff is up already. It just needs to be moved/copied to a new thread. Easy. (well, don't know for sure)

No offense to you guys, but sometimes we require too much perfection in these sticky's. (When you reach 58, you realize better to get something out cause it'll NEVER be perfect :) )

You can now guys..

I smacked AG around a little..

Thanks for smacking AG around a bit.

But seriously I do appreciate making the tags available, I personally think it will only make that section better.

Tmod

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i just downloaded "Pershoot's bootable CD ISO", looking inside the iso image, all i see is 7 folders with bios's inside it each folder. i have two questions:

1. if i boot off this cd, does it take me to a bios flashing utility where i can chose which bios i want to flash to?

2. if i want to update this cd with a new bios file i find, does it matter which folder i put it in? does it need to even be put inside a folder (or are they only there so its more organised) ?

thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...