Utility Drivers

Yes! All of these items are listed in the BIOS section of the manual. You might want to keep notes so you remember which ones you want to turn back on later.

how do i turn off these items? through the bios?

jeez, i thought i turned them off but i reinstalled windows and they are still there. There are 4 removable disks that are being assigned letters and my 2 dvd burners are also getting assigned letters. My hard drive gets the letter I. Can someone please show me which ones to disable.

4 removable disks:

SMSC 223 HS-CF USB DEVICE

SMSC 223 HS-MS USB DEVICE

SMSC 223 HS-SD/MMC USB DEVICE

SMSC 223 HS-SM USB DEVICE

Do you by chance have a floppy drive that also has a few smaller slots? From your "removable drive list" that's what it looks like to me. How many partitions do you have on that 250gb? And as far as I know you cannot change the drive letter/path to you boot drive from the disk management console.

the dell (2405) has a flashcard reader in it, that is most likely the source of your extra disks. Just dont plug the usb port on the dell in if you dont want them showing up, or wait till all drives are set up and labeled as you like before plugging it in.

disable USB altogether and reinstall windows, do you have a card reader or any flashexternal HDDDVDroms connected, i would install with only RAM, CPU, GFX and 1 HDD and optical drive installed and all should be fine if not then i am stumped