Compatibility with high density (128x4) memory modules

I found a thread with the seach function but it didn't contain a sufficient answer. The manual and DFI website have no mention of compatibility. I currently have 2 cheap 1gig pc3200 128x4 high density modules and would like to know if there is any way to coax them into working.

Thanks.

got to give us a brand and part# so we can figure out who makes them, what chips are on them, and then try to find the best settings for them.

Or you can send the modules to me to let me see if i can get them a'workin on our NF4 board ;)

fix up your sig...it does not have a bios date and we really need to see what bios you are running

you are also lacking a cpu...we need to know what type of cpu you have (cpu-z program is free download from www.cpuid.com and will tell you what cpu you have as well as bios date)

also keep in mind we do not support WIndows64 at this time.

Sorry, but the manufacturer riveted an aluminum plate over the modules and I cannot see them. Anyhow, I am sending them back in exchange for some lower density modules. I bought the cheapest ram I could find (due to many benchmarks that suggest that latency is not a performance issue for 99% of apps) and I learned my lesson.

Thanks

cheapest doesn't always mean just lower timings...

you can buy excellent name brand memory that is inexpensive but you have to decide what size you want (1GB? 2GB?) and then come to a place like here at the Street and ask real users what they are using and what works for them (and look in the Overclocking Database to see what the best stable overclockers are using)