Random crash, freeze, BSOD

OK Frenchy, I'm done. You're right, the DFI engineers are wrong. Feel free to use any power supply you find laying around, and make sure it has a 20 pin connector. Don't bother with any adapter, just plug it in. While you're at it...make sure you dont plug in any of the other 3 power supply cables. I'm not sure what you're hoping we're going to tell you here, but I hope that covered it. Sorry yours didn't work out for you, but supposedly you're happy with your new MB so why dont you spend time doing something with it other than whining on a website that you no longer have any reason to visit.

Do you really enjoy listening to me that much...?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Frenchy, I'm done. You're right, the DFI engineers are wrong. Feel free to use any power supply you find laying around, and make sure it has a 20 pin connector. Don't bother with any adapter, just plug it in. While you're at it...make sure you dont plug in any of the other 3 power supply cables. I'm not sure what you're hoping we're going to tell you here, but I hope that covered it. Sorry yours didn't work out for you, but supposedly you're happy with your new MB so why dont you spend time doing something with it other than whining on a website that you no longer have any reason to visit.

Do you really enjoy listening to me that much...?

I'm just apaled by such a demonstration of blindness.

I did what the tech support ask for. I got a 500W ATX12V PSU, I plugged all cables and it didn't help. I guess you haven't read this part, have you? I got another mobo and it miraculously solved all the problems. But you keep telling me that has nothing to do with the mobo... For me, I see 2 possibilities: the mobo was defective (the most likely) or the mobo didn't like both PSU (unlikely).

For the power requirements, I simply asked how did the engineers came with them. Because I stated that I found them over-the-top (remember, that's the MINIMUM requirements, not for a high end A64FX/X2 system with several HDD/optical drives and a lot of RAM). I've seriously looked up about that because I was doubtfull (you know, like NOT to believe everything you've been told and asking for proof/explanation, being critical, in brief THINK by yourself). Nobody showed me I was wrong. All I've read is close to "they know because they're engineers you n00b!" or sarcasm (like in your last post). Not very constructive. Plus I tend to give even less credibility to people insisting on me believing without seeing. I gave a chart of expected power requirements for the system I have. Are you telling me it's inacurrate? Then how and where? Teach me, I like to learn new things (and I learnt a lot about PSU and power consumption with this).

As for whining, well, I would say it's more like arguing. Plus I don't like being told I'm wrong without any real arguments (and "because I say so" is not an argument).