Horrible PCMarks05 Scores with X2 4800+

Please look at my compare link.

http://service.futuremark.com/servlet/Inde...&projectType=13

A score of 1317 PCMarks.

I did a compare to the highest X2 clocked in the same MHz range and I think I see the problem.

My HDD - XP Startup is at 0.0, my HDD - General Usage is at 0.0 and my Multithreaded Test 3 / HDD - Virus Scan is 0.0 when I compare my system to his.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm05=61090

What could be causing this? I am using 2 74GB WD Raptors in a Raid 0 configuration. They are attached to the non Nvidia SATA controller (Silicon Image Sil 3114 chip). I downloaded the latest WHQL drivers for that controller from Microsoft's windows update site.

I dont see a performance hit or slowdown when using the system, could this simply be that the driver I am using is somehow unsupported by PCMark05?

Any suggestions?

Thank you for the reply.

I am currently testing the 704-3 BIOS because of memory issues with the Corsairs I have until I get the OCZ memory in. Does this BIOS revision have the X2 performance issue too or is it fixed in this revision?

My CPU scores seem to be doing real well, it's the HDD scores that are driving down the whole benchmarks.

Thanks again.

Thank you for the reply.

I am currently testing the 704-3 BIOS because of memory issues with the Corsairs I have until I get the OCZ memory in. Does this BIOS revision have the X2 performance issue too or is it fixed in this revision?

My CPU scores seem to be doing real well, it's the HDD scores that are driving down the whole benchmarks.

Thanks again.

Do NOT use 704-3.. there is a vcore bug in it and it could damage something.. Not sure where you found it but most places pulled it down..

Here is a fixed version.. Please note that on this version the vcore special options above 110% were removed..

edit..

Info on the vcore bug with the 704 bios..

You need to install the amd X2 cpu driver specifically using the .exe version, NOT the .zip version. It puts an entry into an ini file that PCMark05 is looking for somehow and scores go back to normal.

Thank you, I will try that tonight. I am a bit confused, I thought the AMD X2 driver was only to add Cool & Quiet support. Nevertheless, I will try it tonight.

Yes, but the simple ini entry that the .exe install put in does seem to be what PCMark is looking for. Many posts on futuremark forum about this. make sure it's the specific "X2" cpu driver.