Finalized nf4 Build

LoKi_09

Alrite, I think I got the new build finalized, but I'm still open to suggestions. Here 'tis:

DFI LanParty nf4 Ultra-D

3200+ Venice Core

2x512MB OCZ Plat. Rev. 2 PC3200

eVGA 6800GT

Creative SB Audigy2 ZS Gamer

NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A

Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Case

HITACHI Deskstar 7K80 HDS728080PLA380 SATA 3.0Gb/s (1 for now, more later)

HYUNDAI L90D+ Silver 19" 8ms LCD Monitor

Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply

Classic floppy drive

Comes to $1500 all together at the egg... with shipping (ouch :tooth: )

The power supply I listed is in that thread under best bang for the buck PSU's. Is it that much less reliable than the 520W Modstream by OCZ (that was my other choice)?
My first recommendation is almost always the OCZ PowerStream 520W,

as this has proven to be the most successful PSU with all DFI N4 mobos.

The reason for the "A" list is that we "know" that these PSU's work without any problems.

When that Antec has been used successfuly in 500+ DFI N4 builds then we will add it to the "A" list.

Dave ;)

Guest Shibby

I see that you are buying 1 HDD now, and more later? Are you considering a RAID setup or just looking for more storage/backup later on? If you are contemplating RAID, I'd suggest doing that right from the beginning, it would be a lot less hassle and not too much more money (well, relative to what you're already spending anyway).

Sweet build though, similar to mine....it rocks

I see that you are buying 1 HDD now, and more later? Are you considering a RAID setup or just looking for more storage/backup later on? If you are contemplating RAID, I'd suggest doing that right from the beginning, it would be a lot less hassle and not too much more money (well, relative to what you're already spending anyway).

I have considered doing the RAID 0 setup, yes. Couple issues though: this is my first build, want to get it stable for a bit then experiment with OC'ing, and I've kind of been scared away from RAID due to the problems people seem to be having with it. Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'll probably stay away from the RAID setup until I gain a bit more experience with building rigs.