System based on the NF4 Ultra-D

KroxX

Hi there.

After browsing through the forums for a few weeks, I now think I've gathered a pretty good system. I was wondering if someone could check it out and tell me if it was good enough?

I'm thinking of OC'ing, but nothing extreme, that's why I'm sticking to the stock HSF.

(added the produkt codes after each produkt)

Thanks,

KroxX

I like everything there except for the stock hsf(!) and the maxtor.

Hitachi and Thermalright for the win.

Thanks for your reply!

The maxtor is for storage only, the raptor will be running the OS. Any particular Thermalright you could recommend?

Thanks,

KroxX

Try to stick to the "A" list, for the best proven results. :nod:

PSU Guide: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

Thanks for you reply!

I'm on a pretty limited budget and I already made a big compromise with the gfx card because I wasn't aware of how important the PSU was.

I already checked the "A" list, and thought I saw someone who mentioned the Sea Sonic as being good and silent. From what I've read the Fortron is the best for the price, but I just can't seem to find any place that wants to ship it here without wanting a fortune for it. Cheapest I found wanted 50$ to ship it. But guess I need to do that or buy the OCZ 520W.

Been checking the list:

PC P&C 510 Express/SLI - Not available

OCZ PowerStream 520W - 200$

OCZ PowerStream 600W - 280$

Enermax 535W - Not available

Enermax 600W - 230$

Fortron 550W (EPS) - Not available

Sparkle - Not available

It's times like this where I just hate living here.. Why does everything have to be so darn expensive??? :eek:

Thanks,

KroxX

Thanks for you reply!

I'm on a pretty limited budget and I already made a big compromise with the gfx card because I wasn't aware of how important the PSU was.

I already checked the "A" list, and thought I saw someone who mentioned the Sea Sonic as being good and silent. From what I've read the Fortron is the best for the price, but I just can't seem to find any place that wants to ship it here without wanting a fortune for it. Cheapest I found wanted 50$ to ship it. But guess I need to do that or buy the OCZ 520W.

Been checking the list:

PC P&C 510 Express/SLI - Not available

OCZ PowerStream 520W - 200$

OCZ PowerStream 600W - 280$

Enermax 535W - Not available

Enermax 600W - 230$

Fortron 550W (EPS) - Not available

Sparkle - Not available

It's times like this where I just hate living here.. Why does everything have to be so darn expensive??? :eek:

Thanks,

KroxX

In that case go with the Seasonic S-12 500W, they are good PSU's & are very quiet.

The reason they are not on the "A" list is primiarly just our lack of experence with these new PSU's.

Good Luck,

Dave ;)

In that case go with the Seasonic S-12 500W, they are good PSU's & are very quiet.

The reason they are not on the "A" list is primiarly just our lack of experence with these new PSU's.

Good Luck,

Dave ;)

Ahh thank you.

Just noticed it said: "One special note, if you require extreme quiet the the Seasonic S-12 500W/600W were made for you."

I'm not going for any SLI system, so I hope it'll do the job. :)

Thanks,

KroxX