Sign in to follow this  
DevilDriver

can not pass prime95 with optamized defaults.

I have set optamized defaults in the bios, and still can not pass prime95.

I can pass 15 runs of memtest86+ test #5.

What could be my problem?

Guest Nano

I've given up on Prime, I can run 3dmark05 for hours, play BF2 for hours and do anything I want without a crash, but Prime crashes after a random amount of minutes.

Watercooled, 34C idle, 40C load so it aint temprerature problem. Actually the block does not even get warm because the watercooling system is so efficient (5-6C between load and idle). I removed the IHS too.

Sounds like a heat build up what are u cooling with? This processor wouldnt get anywhere near 2700 mhz till i chilled water cooled it.

it's def not a heat issue. Im using an XP-90 and at all stock settings(which Im using) prime is working hard to break 40*c.

I think it may be a ram issue of some sort. I pulled one stick of ram last night and am running prime95 again and it has now ran almost 12 hrs. After Prime95 has ran 24hrs (if it makes it) Im going to swap my other stick of ram in and run prime95 with it to see if it will pass alone also.

I will be getting my new OCZ ram in on tuesday and am crossing my fingers it doesnt have the same issues.

with the mushkin yes, I got a butt load of errors in memtset using 1/3, almost 2x as many as slots 1/2.

I ran 1 512mb stick prime95 for 24hrs with no errors, I have a feeling the second stick would go the same way.

My OCZ ram should come in the next couple of days. Im gona try it and see what happens.

TCCD samsung chips are the only 1's I've seen perform with this processor the way I believe it was meant to and even these are touchy. Are those infineon chips?

From my understanding they should be windbond UTT. I also do not believe it to be an issue with the CPU not liking the ram, as the exact same hardware worked perfect in a diffrent mobo at 210mhz fsb 1:1 2.5-3-3-6 1T.

Since I can run 1 stick of ram with no problems I think its a matter of this mobo just doesnt like this ram, that or there is a physical problem with the mobo.

I should be able to start testing new ram to night and know by morning hopefully.

got my OCZ ram in today. put both sticks in and it passed 5 full passes of memtest.

Loaded windows and ran superpi and OCCT. Sadly OCCT got an error in under 6min, tryed to run it again and it got an error once again in under 6min.

Swaped the stick in slot 2 to slot 3 ran memtest test 5 for 23 passes with no errors, and have now passed superpi, and OCCT.

Am now running Prime95 keeping my fingers crossed.

Some observations I have now made. With the Mushkin I could only pass memtest using both sticks using 2t timings, the board does seem to prefer OCZ as I can run 1t timings with it np.

Also it seems the board is picky as to which ram slots are used depending on the particular type ram being used, as the Mushkin did best in slots 1/2 and OCZ seems to do best in slots 1/3.

I'll update this post in the morning on wether I passed 12+hrs prime95. wish me luck! :tooth:

Happy B-Day Devil.

Thx. :)

Im finaly ready to say my system is stable after 3 weeks of pulling my hair out.

I passed Prime95 inplace large FFT's 13hrs 39min :nod:

time to run a few benches, then play some games lol

Thx to all who have offered advice!