Is This Ok

I have had my drives on there edge for3 years now. There laying flat against the front of the case in a rack I built at work. It saves space, and if your case has room for a front case fan, you can blow it directly on the drive, or draw air around it and out the front.

my experience is that the two hard drives will run MUCH cooler if you put one space between them

i had mine like that, they WORKED fine, but sometimes were almost too hot to touch for long

spaced them apart and now they do not even hardle feel warm, very big difference

my experience is that the two hard drives will run MUCH cooler if you put one space between them

i had mine like that, they WORKED fine, but sometimes were almost too hot to touch for long

spaced them apart and now they do not even hardle feel warm, very big difference

i agree but with those bays putting the drives upsidedown that is as far as they will space.. i smell a mod coming up .'/

Both my samsung and maxtor are upside down,i've added hdd coolers to them and turning them looks better :P and never had any problems

Edited by kobalt