Anybody's 875P-T poop out a stick of ram yet?

Well, my setup has been very content all summer long, i backed everything down a wee bit, 260fsb, 1.450 vcore, 2.7 vdimm, 1.6 vagp. The weather was a touch cooler the other day and i was in the mood to play. I only pushed voltage to 1.550 vcore, 2.8vdimm, and 1.8vagp (CPU and NB underwater) which is not uncommon for 24/7 winter use.

So using clockgen for a personal best superpi score, i was pushing FSB to about 280. After a few re-boots, and some minor tweaking, i pushed it up to 284 FSB. Well, it re-booted half way through the super pi sequence, and didn't come back up. I got the never ending LOOOOONG beeep, followed by a long pause.

So, pulled the jumper, the battery, and the power cord...... after a few minutes, i put it all back together and it was still beeping.

Popped the processor and everything looked ok. Then i started to change memory slots. Beeping went away, but still no post. I eventually got it down so it would boot with the sticks in a certian order, but it only reports 764megs of mem out of a gig. So i located the good stick and just left that in for the time being. I tried the bad stick in another computer and it showed 512 at post. I tried it back in this board by itself, and it won't post.

Anybody ever experience anything like that before? this is using the new 6/27 bios as well.

no, not really...

i would use memtest on the stick/sticks and see if you are getting and errors.

funny, you have pretty much the same settings as myself, and i also backed down my oc for the summer months, as it gets HOT here in florida.

I happen to have 2x1024 sticks of corsair xms pc3200 memery that are just sitting. I was thinking if i am better off with 2 gigs of so-so ram...or 1 gig of higher rated ram like the geil ultra x pc4400 i am using atm...

so after i flashed to the new bios, i pulled out my geil, and put in the 2 sticks of corsair, after i booted into windows, i figured i would try to play with an oc, and see what i could get. I raised the fsb to 250, made a few minor tweaks to voltage settings, etc... but the cpu would not show any increase in MHz in the bios or in cpu-z

when i booted into windows!

I thought this was very weird, and after a few minutes i just pulled out the ram, and put back in my geil. and they are working just fine, back up to 260fsb...

so even though i raised my fsb in the bios to 250fsb, it still showed as 3.4....is it the ram? or bios? or something else?

i will try it on my other rig and see what happens....

hey mike, hows it going.Talked to stan the other day, nice new rig he has.

I didnt have any ram drop on me but my 3200 rev2 TCC5 is not stable 10mhz lower now than it was when I got it, same settings in cmos reloaded dropped from 270mhz down to 260mhz memtest error free.I ran my hynix d43 and its still good to 283mhz and even superpi 32m stable to 275 so its my 3200 thats the problem.

EDIT: the 3200 is still stable at all of its lower max,s that it was before just its highest max at loosest settings is lower.

Whenever it shows default CPU speed at post while overclocking, its because the memory timings are too tight for the speed they are clocked too. Sometimes that will happen if CPC isn't disabled while upclocking. If you put the other sticks back in and loosen up the timings, or use a mem divider, it should take care of that problem.