DFI LanParty nFII Ultra-B hang ups

Hi all

Im new to the forums here but from looking at previous posts you guys look like you know what your talking about.

This is a post i put up on a uk forum (with no sucess)

Hi all

Since the previous thread I have run memtest through the night on all 3 sticks of memory and it has shown no errors. Now, if you look at the last post in the thread from me i've said that the sytem is a lot more stable, this is still true but i keep getting to the same point (lockups and sound repeating), only it takes longer?? Mabey another 30 minutes of normal operating then bang, it all goes pear shapped.

When im playing a game (all 3d heavy), i get to a point where my mouse stops responding properly (cant click), then the sound starts to skip and repeat, few seconds later I have to reset.

Im starting to think it may be my graphics card, although i have not had any previous problems.

Ok, so i know your all busy people but I really would appreciate some help with this, any logs or info you think might help I would be happy to supply.

Thanks in advance

Now since that thread the system has been acting very strange, its started to hang up even when using applications such as excel and dreamweaver. Some people had suggested that the different types of memory may be conflictiong so i tried to run the system without mixing them, still had the same problems.

If you want i can post links to the threads in the other forum (not sure if thats allowed), it may make it easier for you.

Thanks in adavance

Keeno

Hi m8

I left memtest running overnight for all 3 sticks of memory, total of over 20 pass's i think, with no errors. I then ran memtest for each individual stick, that also came up with no errors

I've not really looked at the bios too much but i'll try and answer as best I can.

Chipset Voltage control is set to auto

Dimm voltage is 2.72 but is changing every few seconds either to 2.73 or 2.74

cpu voltage is doing the same, its going from 1.61 to 1.64 and as high as 1.66. Is this normal?

Typical 3200 issues. A bios flash may help...

Changing the HAL might help also but i'm not too certain tbh. 3200's have always been problematic in these boards.

Hopefully upping the voltage slightly might do the job so i'd just start there and see how you go for now, good luck :)

Hey!

I experienced the EXACT same issues as you, (And often even worse)

To solve your problem: Change the HAL as mentioned previously.

I've been running solid now for over two weeks. NO LOCKUPS! NO NETWORK DROPS! NO SOUND CUT OUTS!

See this thread: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...&highlight=ACPI

Let us know if it works for you!

Thnaks for all the responces, great forum.

Regarding Hal currently mine is set at acpi uniprocessor, soes this need to be changed? If so would I need to do a clean install of xp? Or is there a quicker way of doing it.

Cheers

Its better to do a clean install of XP really but if you really need to you can do it under Windows. But from what i've seen it can be more effective for some ppl doing it during a clean install.

If your gonna do it in Windows i'd just make sure you backup any important data first, just in case something goes wrong...

To change it in Windows right click on ACPI Uniprocessor PC , choose Advanced Install, choose Do Not Search I Will Choose The Driver To Install and select Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC from the list.