Power/mobo problems

I have a had the same Pc for a while and have been swapping out parts. Yesterday I purchased a new CPU and RAM (already included in my sig). I put in a new power supply and watercooling system just the other day. I am currently stuck.. I have the mobo laying on the foam pad provided in the mobo case. All of the components are out of the case. WHen they were inside, i tried booting up the computer. I hit the power button on the mobo, and about 5 min later, it suddently turned on. Then I took all of the part out of the case because it would not power on after that. It is not powering on at all. I have disconnected every uneeded component and i have made sure everything is properly connected. I have a native 24-pin PSU and that has still done me no good. I would really liek some help on this.

Thanks,

JL

When you test it outside the case, are you using the bare minimum components to do so (mobo, cpu and cooler, 1 stick of RAM, video card, power supply and keyboard) with nothing else, but what I listed, installed?

OK, so I have got my system up and running at a little over 3.9 ghz, which is great. Nothing is currently in the case, but I have it running. For me to shutdown and restrt is not a prob. To disassmble everything, and reasseble in the case, would that effect setting in the CMOS or bios? Usually it hasnt, but the last time I did that, and only that one time, the BIOS settings were lost along with the CMOS. I was just wondering.. ANy help?