Sign in to follow this  
N4N01D

AMD 4400 X2 2 cores dont match

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, when i run the latest cpuz and select core 1 it says the standard 2.2ghz but when i select core 1 it says 1mhz,

im running 623-3 and have just done a fresh windows install.

Note : ignore bios settings in sig they need updated from my 3500

Any help ?

Thanks

N4N01D

very strange, never seen this before

i might be blind but i dont see which motherboard you have listed in your sig....that and the bios version would probably help us a lot....

fix your sig

and i doubt the mobo is at fault...it is likely a reporting error, or the system is not fully stable so will not read that information correctly, something is set incorrectly, or you installed XP with a single-core cpu, then added an X2 without making sure windows went from Uniprocessor to Multiprocessor

na as i said i formatted and reinstalled just to make sure that wasnt the problem, ill go compare your settings from the database but just keep the clock speed as stock.

Edit: just downloaded the latest sandra, it seems to show up ok, wonder is it just my stepping and cpuz causing a problem ? :s

sandra.jpg

Definatley user error. Like AG said, you probly didn't reinstall XP. Run the AMD X2 driver and that will most likely solve the issue.

i have just formatted/reinstalled windows xp, i have just installed 6.66 nforce drivers, 77.77 geforce, a64 driver (just to be sure) thats it!