hey dont use tree sticks of 512 ram at ddr 400 cuz it dont work

You list your cpu as a 3200+ Clawhammer - I don't think there is such a thing. Clawhammer is the name for the version of the cpu with 1024KB cache, and AFAIK only exists in a 3400+ and 3700+ version. I think your cpu is a Newcastle.

FYI the first ever 754 amd64 was the 3200+ hammer (2.0ghz 1mb) in mid/late 2003, the 3400+ hammer followed and only then the first 3000+ newcastle wich were actually 3200+ with half cache disabled.

What happens is that most old sh7-C0 hammers have very picky memory controlers, as mine that only permits 1T for 2 dimms unlike later CG's.

With a CG most probably you can do ddr400 2T with 3 dimms, if it's a C0 chances are it will top at 333mhz 1T.

oh! ok you have that sortof right...

the CG claws and any other 130nm s754 core will default to ddr333 2t with 3 dimms...

I didn't think that he could have had a C0 clawhammer so I missed this point: the C0 claws had trouble with 2t. I don't think it even worked with them. since that core basically *needs* 2t for 3 (double sided) dimms... I am not sure if it is going to work. Now, one *might* be able to slow the memory down manually in bios even further to... say... ddr200 and it might work at 1t I am not sure though.

with my CG claw I could never get 3 dimms to work at 1t at any speed really... and at 2t it would boot and such up to ddr400 speeds, but I could not get it to run bug free at any speed. (very strange problems with directsound and other weird hardware/software bugs)

The newark, however, based on the rev E core, does actually work at ddr400 2t like it is supposed to when using 3 double sided dimms (like 3gb)! I would assume that the other rev E equivilent mobiles would work too.