NF4 SLI-DR - Build questions

Hello, let me preface this by mentioning that I have never had the opportunity to build my own computer before so this is a new process for me. I have been rumaging around this forum and others like it for information on how to safely put together my new system(as well as pass the time waiting for items to arrive).

My system components are listed below in my sig.

I have a few questions and I'd much appreciate the help.

1) The thing which bothers me the most at the moment is the RAM. I have ordered Corsair 2x512 RAM and have noticed it giving people problems with compatability. Just to make sure, I should use the 623-3 Bios correct?

2) My video card will not have a vga slot, will this cause any problems as far as a fresh install is concerned? I will be starting out on DVI connection to my flatpanel monitor which I have not done before on a fresh OS install. (I am planning to install XP SP2)

3) Non-software tweaks. I am aware of possible jumper tweaks for memory voltage(though this seems unlikely for my DIMs), are there other tweaks I may not be aware of that I will have to do?

4) How much testing and evaluation should I do before actively using my new system for gaming?

5) Lastly, if I don't plan on overclocking at all for a while, will the stock heatsink for my AMD be good enough to do the job?

Thank you in advance.

[edit] Apologies, I missed that rule, fixed.

1. 6/23 is latest official....i cannot guarantee it will work with your memory, but it works for most with most memories

2. er....your video card is VGA....do you mean your vid card wont have an analog vga output, only digital DVI?

3. you wont need to swap jumpers to give your memory more than 3.2v, trust me

4. check the rules of the Overclocking Database section...follow those guidelines for stability testing (you dont have to even be overclocked, but the guidelines for OCDB entries must be stable in prime95, 3dmark01/03/05, Aquamark etc)

Guest area51

Hi! Man you are going to have a good time and learn sooo much! :)

First off you should enter your location in your user profile as it is now a forum req.

Answers:

1) Yes 623-3 will be the most flexible. Those mems may or may not cause you problems anway, as you said people have had issues with them.

2) No problem

3) Read (search) through the forum...tons of info on ALL sorts of cool stuff

4) Totally unknown some people take a long time some people boot up and perfect.

Edit: Oops...while I was typing someone more knowlegable than I answered you!

2. er....your video card is VGA....do you mean your vid card wont have an analog vga output, only digital DVI?

Er, sorry, yes that is what I meant. Only a DVI output, no analog VGA, will be available. I'm just not sure if the monitor will be able to display correctly on boot.

Guest area51
Er, sorry, yes that is what I meant. Only a DVI output, no analog VGA, will be available. I'm just not sure if the monitor will be able to display correctly on boot.

You won't have any problem