NF4 SLI-DR> One or Two gigs memory?

MrWillz

I am in the mist of making my new gaming system but besides no knowing if I should wait for the new ATI or get the 7800GTX, I am also concerned about weither to get 1gig of ram or 2gigs. As of right now I dont know any games that benefit from 2 gigs of ram but who knows what the near future will hold. By the way the memory I am getting is posted belwo.

OCZ Enhanced Latency Series Gold Edition 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM

Thanks in advance

if ur gonna overclock and exspect a good clock 1gig, i think battlefield 2 requires 2gig or runs best with 2gig.. cant remember ive got a gig.

I opted for 2 gigs because of some benefit in Photoshop. Who knows what Longhorn or Vista will need in 2006? Battlefield 2 loads and runs smoother with 2 gig, but I'm not a hardcore gamer. My overclock, with 2 gig of Patriot memory, is only about 222 FSB at the default voltages. So with 2 gigs, a 4800+ at the price of a 4400+, stable and fast w/o paging to disk. Stick with 1 gig if you want to overclock.

Guest bobyjo

MrWillz ::If you want a deal, Visiontek has thier X850 XT PE PCIe cards on sale as of now you can get one for $449. The AGP version is $399 if you know anyone that needs one of these.

VisionTek Xtasy X850XT PE:

If a mid-range video card just wont cut it for you, then maybe this VisionTek Xtasy Radeon X850XT PE is what you need. We reviewed the X850XT version of this card (non-PE) back in March.

The VisionTek Radeon X850XT PE consistently delivered impressive performance, even when compared to the 24-pixel pipeline GeForce 7800 GTX. In fact, during game-play it would be impossible to tell which of these two graphics cards you were actually using.

I was reading this over at HardOCP and this is pretty amazing.

1GB will overclock good, but a lot of games (especially if you have a great vid card and can run high resolution with 4xAA and 8xAF etc enabled) now are running best with 2GB of memory

OCZ's PC3200 Platinum does 2-3-5-2 and overclocks to about 220, sometimes 230

OCZ's PC4000 does 3-4-8-4 @ 250 (DDR500) and is pretty fantastic stuff, albiet a bit expensive

(check the Overclocking Database, 939 thread, near the end for my 2x1024 PC3200 and PC4000 entries)