Aftermarket nForce4 chipset cooler

Guest mars_merged

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fragman']Evercool VC-RE Twinkling VGA Cooler sould fit on the chipset too....and with copper instead it should be more effektive

I think this is the solution that I am leaning toward. Another poster put up a link to one of these on a DFI nF4 board: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/DFI_NF4...nt_img-424.html

Looks like a good alternative. Now I just got to find out where to get one ;)

tivot: don't be an butt. so far, your suggestions have consisted of "use google" (yes thank you, i already did) and buy from canada (no thank you, i don't want to); considering i made it pretty clear that i was looking for a US vendor, responding in the way that you did was simply rude.

Well I am terribly sorry you took it that way.

I really do not get off on spending time just replying to people's posts just to watch my words on a computer monitor. I did it because I was genuinely trying to be helpful.

Believe it or not, sometimes suggesting a google search helps people. Sometimes people only look at pricewatch, pricegrabber, and other similar search utilities that are.... lacking sometimes.

Also, I was sharing my experience about purchasing from Canada... letting you know that someone from the US had a successful experience doing so.

I'm sorry you took my comments as offensive...but I was conveying usable information there... in a short and concise way.

that Evercool VC-RE looks like a really nice alternative and that guy at the link mars provided said it worked well for him :

I replaced the stock DFI NF4 chipset fan with a Evercool VC-RE. The Evercool chipset fan compared to the stock DFI NF4 chipset fan is MUCH quieter. The stock chipset fan at max rpm (around 7300rpm) is too noisy for me. Besides being much quieter, the Evercool chipset fan dropped my chipset temps by 6 degrees celcius!