NF3 250gb> Bios ROM Checksum Error

Hey everybody. I think my BIOS is dead. I went to restart my computer because I was gettin a bit laggy from it being on so long. When I rebooted, the screen kept getting stuck at the DFI Lanparty Logo. So I decided to clear the CMOS. Well that just made things worse. Now I get that Bios rom Checksum error. I've searched the forums and tried the bootable floppy to flash the bio again but it's not working. It freezes at various parts before it gets into the Diamon Image Flasher thing. Before it got in there okay and I left it for a couple of hours. When i came back it had the Please Wait message still. It wasnt going anywhere. I am going to try an 8 hour cmos clear but I doubt its going to work. Ive tried several floppy disks. I only have one drive and I know its working okay. Any ideas? Could someone go over the exact steps of what I should do again just to be sure? Thanks.

flash to one of the official bios first. i had a problem like your saying my problem was i had the boot floppy i made and the awdflash and bios were all on the same floppy. The way it worked for me was to have a bootable floppy on one disc and have the awd and bios on a 2nd floppy. then it would finish instead of being stuck on please wait.

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks. Whenever I use the normal disk method it gives me either some error about an invalid command interpreter or it goes to load the flasher and get stuck at a blank screen with a blinking cursor(_). I think the portion of the bios that controller the FDC is screwed up. Ill try the two disk trick anyways. Would I be able to do a hotflash with a Lanparty UT Ultra-D? Theyre both NF3 Chipsets.

Not yet, but I doubt thats the problem. I will test it anyways and report back. New problems have been created. I cannot for the life of me get the computer to run awdflash. It just hangs and the floppy drive stops doing anything after a minute.

Rule #9 states you must fill in your location in your User Control Panel at these forums. Please read the rules and follow them so we can give you the best help possible.

Come on people...the rules are there to be read and followed. We will again start just deleting threads if you cannot be bothered to read and then follow these rules we have set for this forum.

Not sure if this might help, with my ocz bh-6 (very similar to your sticks) I'll always get that bios rom checksum error after a cold boot if bank interleave is enabled, so the solution is simply to disable it, as it's on by default on every bios from 05/1/28 which has it . When it happens there is no need to re flash although I'm asked to (and seems I'm stuck too with crashes when I try to), so the solution is simply:

1.reset and keep holding insert key (board will boot with safe defaults)

2.after entering bios only load optimized defaults, then save and exit (in my case if I do anything else I'm back to the same problem because bogus info might be stored in unmodified bios fields)

3.reenter bios and do your settings again. If running stock at 200mhz, only changing to 200mhz 2-2-2-6 1T 2.8v will suffice.

Your freezes are normal and I experience them too under that condition, it's due to the fact that bh-6 don't like low voltage, whereas in that emergency boot mode something low as 2.5v is being applied.

I cannot get into the BIOS to start off. It's corrupt. Bank Interleve was never changed so it just happened out of the blue, and I didn't do a cold boot. Also I fail to see how knowing my location is going to help recover my bios, and the last time I checked, location was not required, just a sig. However, I will comply with it.