DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B AGP Texture Not Available

Whenever I type "dxdiag" in the command prompt, the Display tab always tells me that the AGP Texture Acceleration is not available. In addition SMARTGART says that AGP is turned off. I have been trolling through the forums and on other sites to find the solution. Here is what I have done so far:

1) Made sure 8x was enabled in the bios

2) Uninstalled ATI catalyst drivers.

3) Ran Driver Cleaner

4) Reinstalled NVidia Chipset Drivers

5) Uninstalled SP2

6) Reinstalled Directx 9.0c

7) Disabled Fast Write

8) Turned on AGP in SMARTGART, restarted but it's back to being "off"

I've tried a handful of suggestions, but I'm just hoping that someone out there has had this happened to them before. Seems like this is a frequent occurence. Thanks in advanced!

What Nvidia Drivers are you using? Sounds like you haven't got the Gart Driver installed. The newer Nvidia drivers don't contain the memory controller and gart drivers which are needed for these nForce2's. If you don't install the gart driver then you end up with the exact issues you are describing...

What i'd do is uninstall your video card and chipset drivers and use Driver Cleaner Pro to clean them up once uninstalled. Install the Nvidia 5.10 Chipset Drivers then the ATI Catalysts and you should be fine.

Well I got it working finally. I guess I was installing and uninstalling without doing them in a correct order. Probably had a lot of drivers conflicting with eachother. So installing Windows XP SP2 shouldn't affect the 5.8 Catalyst and 5.10 NVidia drivers should they?

I would think you'd be okay doing that. Are you installing SP2 over the net from Windows/Microsoft Update? If so, you might want to watch MS/Windows wanting to update your chipset and/or video card drivers. Those are usually optional and I think you almost always have to choose them manually. However, if all is running well now you may want to be wary of those type of updates from MS.

You could also wait to see if someone else has anything to say about installing SP2 on top of what you have now, as I've only recently begun using SP2 (I ran SP1 and continual updates and patches for a long time).