Max voltage for venice core?

Slammy

I got my 3500+ venice @2.6ghz but i dunno if i like the voltage it takes to make it stable. Im at 1.58 idle, 1.6 load. What is the highest you wanna run these things? My temps are 38C at idle, 52C load. I am cooling it with a thermalright xp-120. I think the temps are ok, just concerned about the voltage on a .09 chip. I am new to AMD having came from a 2.4C P4 with could do 3.3ghz @ stock voltage so raising the voltage this much kinda makes me wonder if its good for long term.

Well I would also be interested in knowing max voltage.

I'm on phasechange & I'm not feeling good about going past 1.6v (currently at 1.6v)

Your on phase change?? What are temps at?? Anything in the -'s and I would think 1.8v would be ok. 1.7v for sure. If your on air 1.65v is all I go to max.

-Freez

It depends on the sample actually. How good does one particular CPU responds to voltage is the key. Preferrable to make a graph of diminishing returns. A good point to stop is where you get like 50 Mhz more OC per 100 mV added.

Most Venice cores are only good till 1.65V on air as Freezer correctly stated. For benching purposes 1.7-1.75V is OK but for 24/7 it's usually too many volts for a very small gain.

Futher reading if you wanna learn more about the subject:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=384756