NF4 Ultra D> bizarre issue....

My PSU doesn't meet minimum specs? It's one of the ones recommended in the list from DFI.

AG was making the statement about "his" PSU not yours.

The PSU is nothing special its a 480w that came with the case.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think its bloody bizarre that this stuff has all been working for months (Like 7 whole MONTHS) with no issues whatsoever, and now everyone is aruging about the PSU.

Typical..

I DO want a new PSU, but that doesnt change the fact that everything has been working for 7 months and now according to you guys its now my PSU..

PSU arent cheap, and when you have a family to feed, etc etc its not like I can just pop out and get one... I was only asking if anyone else had this problem

Surly if the PSU had . the bed after 7 months then I would be getting OTHER issues as well, which I really am not.. In fact the only other issue I had was with the bloody F6 disks and that ended up being the bloody floppy cable supplied by DFI and guess what, that was 7 MONTHS ago....

and seeing it says 450W PSU in the manual, Never mind the stickys say 480+ and you INSTANTLY come up with the PSU, and we arent gonna help you if you dont change you PSU (hang on I'll just get some money from my money tree guys and I'll rush out and get one on a whim of your advice..)

To be honest I think its the Windows install now, due to Starforce being on there and due to all the stuff working being plugged in AFTER windows has booted. Again if it was the PSU Windows would surly crash, etc if that was the case...

And Guess what I'll try it and if it works, I'll post in on here to HELP others. But from now on I wont rely on the DFI Guys as they think I should just pump money into it to solve my problems, whenit really could just be a software issue.

I'll look elsewhere for help from now on, as the so call "support" on here sucks.

Well, my PSU DOES meet the DFI requirements, so it's obviously NOT the PSU. I played with all the bios settings that could possibly affect it and notta. I even tried flashing to the 704-2BT bios... notta. Checked the device manager... nothing out of the ordinary. In fact when I boot with the drive hooked up to the USB port it hangs, at that point I can unplug it and it continues and boots right into windows flawlessly. I'd really like to solve this issue.

1. Because it's bugging the hell out of me

2. Because I hate RMA'g anything

I would tend to think that DFI support would be aware of this issue if others are having the same problem, whether it's the fault of the board or not. Whether or not they want to address it is another matter. Categorically avoiding any issue if someone's PSU isn't on the approved list is an avoidance manuever and clearly not in the spirit of solving problems and helping people out. I realize that not having a PSU up to specs CAN cause some problems, but if anyone knows what symptoms that would produce and what is NOT a result of that, it would be that techs that actually work on the boards. In my case (approved PSU) and in others in various threads discussing the same issue, there has been no attempt made to look a little deeper into solving it.

@Cythrawl

Yeah, computer hardware never fails. It works perfectly forever. We suck because you don't believe what we are telling you.

That's what you are implying in your lastest posts.

Cythrawl, I'm quoting your entire post to make sure I got this correct.

Well I think its bloody bizarre that this stuff has all been working for months (Like 7 whole MONTHS) with no issues whatsoever, and now everyone is aruging about the PSU.

Typical..

I DO want a new PSU, but that doesnt change the fact that everything has been working for 7 months and now according to you guys its now my PSU..

PSU arent cheap, and when you have a family to feed, etc etc its not like I can just pop out and get one... I was only asking if anyone else had this problem

Surly if the PSU had . the bed after 7 months then I would be getting OTHER issues as well, which I really am not.. In fact the only other issue I had was with the bloody F6 disks and that ended up being the bloody floppy cable supplied by DFI and guess what, that was 7 MONTHS ago....

and seeing it says 450W PSU in the manual, Never mind the stickys say 480+ and you INSTANTLY come up with the PSU, and we arent gonna help you if you dont change you PSU (hang on I'll just get some money from my money tree guys and I'll rush out and get one on a whim of your advice..)

To be honest I think its the Windows install now, due to Starforce being on there and due to all the stuff working being plugged in AFTER windows has booted. Again if it was the PSU Windows would surly crash, etc if that was the case...

And Guess what I'll try it and if it works, I'll post in on here to HELP others. But from now on I wont rely on the DFI Guys as they think I should just pump money into it to solve my problems, whenit really could just be a software issue.

I'll look elsewhere for help from now on, as the so call "support" on here sucks.

That's right! We suck because you don't believe us. Well, that's your choice!

We are simply trying to help you reslove your issue. If you don't have a PSU that meets the minimum recommendation, it's kinda hard for us to rule it out. Even if it did work for seven months, that doesn't mean it still works.

I personally have seen these issues resolved by replacing the PSU with one that meets the recommendation. I had to buy a new PSU when I got my first nF4 board. Haven't had a problem since. But what do I know? I suck!

Then again, "Specifications Are Subject To Change", so maybe I don't suck!

@John Peni El

The PSU statement was a clarity error that has been resolved. There's no need to keep bringing it up unless it makes you feel better.

Quoted for clarity.

Well, my PSU DOES meet the DFI requirements, so it's obviously NOT the PSU. I played with all the bios settings that could possibly affect it and notta. I even tried flashing to the 704-2BT bios... notta. Checked the device manager... nothing out of the ordinary. In fact when I boot with the drive hooked up to the USB port it hangs, at that point I can unplug it and it continues and boots right into windows flawlessly. I'd really like to solve this issue.

1. Because it's bugging the hell out of me

2. Because I hate RMA'g anything

I would tend to think that DFI support would be aware of this issue if others are having the same problem, whether it's the fault of the board or not. Whether or not they want to address it is another matter. Categorically avoiding any issue if someone's PSU isn't on the approved list is an avoidance manuever and clearly not in the spirit of solving problems and helping people out. I realize that not having a PSU up to specs CAN cause some problems, but if anyone knows what symptoms that would produce and what is NOT a result of that, it would be that techs that actually work on the boards. In my case (approved PSU) and in others in various threads discussing the same issue, there has been no attempt made to look a little deeper into solving it.

It's amazing what you can find if you use the search function...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5363

BTW I searched using the terms "usb boot hang".

That's right! We suck because you don't believe us. Well, that's your choice!

We are simply trying to help you reslove your issue. If you don't have a PSU that meets the minimum recommendation, it's kinda hard for us to rule it out. Even if it did work for seven months, that doesn't mean it still works.

So then Mr Brainiac, Explain to me this... IF it IS my PSU.. why then does it :

1) Work fine if I plug all devices in AFTER windows boots and will run all day, without any crashes, issues, problems, whatever..

IF it was the PSU the the problem would ALSO occur when EVERYTHING is plugged in after windows boots, as there would not be enough power to run everything... which quite clearly if ooh whats the word... DOES NOT!.

So Explain to me again why its the PSU, Please , I would love to hear your obviously in depth comments. and how that without even looking up a part number you guys outrightly KNOW that is the PSU in your god like wisdom.

If you explain in logical, reasonable and backed up with facts terms, then I'll back down and agree that ok it might be the PSU..

2) IF I do install windows again and it Fixes it, what then? I still am stupid for using a PSU that isnt ratified by DFI? (jeez you guys must test EVERY PSU out there, no time to do anything else?) Will there be any addmittance that ok we made a mistake.??

I doubt its the PSU, but you guys are obviously omnipotent and know that it IS...

no point in arguing with Gods I gess

@John Peni El

The PSU statement was a clarity error that has been resolved. There's no need to keep bringing it up unless it makes you feel better.

It's amazing what you can find if you use the search function...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5363

BTW I searched using the terms "usb boot hang".

And BY the way if you READ my posts properly it does NOT hang on POST, it hangs after the Windows splash screen... Just before the login screen..

My machine POSTS (and always HAS done) FINE..

so YOU do some homework, or at LEAST read my frigging posts correctly... if I had an issue with POSTING then I would have read that threat, but guess what?? I DONT!!

I'm closing this thread since the user obviously doesn't need any help with his problem.

No one in this forum will be subject to this abusive attitude.

I will leave the thread up as an example of how not to ask for help.