Sign in to follow this  
Kung Lau

NF4 Ultra-D> issues with Mushkin 2-2-2 "Special"?

This is older memory, but was hoping I could take advantage of the low latency but as I've read so far, the mem bus is taking people higher in achieving high cpu frequency.

Has anyone successfully gotten two of these sticks at 2-2-2 and fsb beyond 210?

If I relax the timings, anyone gotten beyond 220? I'm having issues with raising the fsb. Am I just SOL and should get the newer rams that have more bandwidth?

I just got my DFI NF4 ultra-d running after pulling my hair out for hours. (I'm bald)

but only after running 1 stick in position 1. The 2nd refuses to do dual channel.

Although if I mix yellow/orange they will do 1gig at single channel (64bit) fine.

Is this a motherboard problem or a memory problem?

Oh, I read the issues with the Seasonic p/s's and I think I'm safe in that regard, even with a newer version.

No, it's BH-6, came out right after the BH-5s were all gobbled up.

But it runs 2-2-2 with a nudge in voltage to 2.7

I know part of this is an overclock question but my main concern is that two of these sticks won't do dual channel at 2-2-2 first. With one stick in, I can run 2-2-2 and about 215

Actually it's BH-6.

Mine will do 243 in NF2 and 245 in the Ultra-D. I am using 3.3 volts on it with a fan. 2x512 sticks 2-2-6-2. The OCZ3200 is better in the NF4 so my son is running the Mushkin in his HO.

I do a have a screenshot of it in an LPB with both tight and relaxed timings if it helps any. The difference was minimal to say the least.

EDIT: crap, forgot the bimg tags are disabled now. :) I miss them

http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98///Me...arison-copy.jpg

Sweet, so it can do 240-250. I'll have to try the settings again then. I'll up the voltage a bit more too, but kinda scared of 3.3 :P

But before I O/C, is there an issue with these sticks doing dual channel? I can o/c 1 stick but can't seem to get 2 sticks just to work in dual channel mode. (They will work in single channel mode for 1gig)

mfeldman.jpg

Yes Master Yes, Give it more Voltage.

Make the Monster come alive!

Are you using I+3 or 2+3, try switching.

BUrned em in with Memtest?