Sign in to follow this  
CYRiX

NF4 SLI-DR> Windows Woes

Yeah so now everything is up fine and all. I'm installing XP off of NO OS and when it reboots the motherboard either boots off of the disc (which starts the process all over) or tries to load the partial Windows XP and says "Error Loading Operating System"

How can I get it to finish the XP Installation?

If you are using a S-ATA hard drive, please ensure that the BIOS is setup to boot from either "SCSI" or "HDD-0". HDD-0 should be set to S-ATA and not the Primary/Secondary IDE controller.

Also, ensure that you are not using the Promise controller to run the HDD (If it is the S-ATA).

Further instructions on setting your boot order can be found within the manual.

- its an IDE Hard Drive

- Memory went for 40 passes, 0 errors

- It is set as good as I know.

What does hdd S.M.A.R.T. do?

- its an IDE Hard Drive

- Memory went for 40 passes, 0 errors

- It is set as good as I know.

What does hdd S.M.A.R.T. do?

SMART:

(S)ystem (M)onitoring (A)nd ®eporting (T)echnology. This is supposed to tell you if your hard drive is in working order or not. SMART can be wrong at times and hard drives will work up to 6 months before definite failure. Are you getting an error with SMART?

I'd chech the PSU if I were you. When I installed my nF4 SLI-DR last week I had similar problems and errors, it turned out to be a malfunctioning PSU. It worked as expected after the swap.

Just a hint...

Kind regards,

Karl

If you have a PSU that's not working correct, your system will get to little/to much or bad power. This can cause windows to hang and or crash unexpectedly.

Kind regards,

Karl

it never crashes though, just when it installs it has to restart then and when it does it doesn't load back up onto the setup, but i got 98 to work even though half of the devices aren't recognized.

So after the first part of the install it reboots as per normal then can't read the files?

sounds like a HDD problem. Try a different HDD/cable etc.