Sign in to follow this  
groggyoc

NF4 Ultra-D just doesnt even power up now

After a few weeks of watching my system become unstable - even at stock my motherboard just died. It just shut off and never turned back on.

I unplugged everything, removed ram, cpu, changed power supplies, led light comes on when AC power is plugged but will not do a thing when I press power on either on motherboard or on case. This isnt a bios issue because none of the fans will spin

Originally I had thought maybe it was my venice memory controller was slowly dying as I had to move from 295 to 285 to 250mhz then to 200 stock then i just didnt power up again.

The place where I purchased my UltraD is no long around. I couldnt find any RMA info in the DFI site. I am located in Canada.

Am I SOL?

Thanks

DFier in need

Hello,

Did you plug all 4 power connectors into the board?

Maybe you have killed the CPU.

If you are going to return something, send back the CPU and board.

Hello,

Did you plug all 4 power connectors into the board?

Maybe you have killed the CPU.

If you are going to return something, send back the CPU and board.

Yep everything was plugged in, working great , working on something in windows then it just shut right off. I took eveything out ,the cpu, memory, all sata connections etc. I still dont get any power to the fans. But i do see the yellow LED light on in the corner of the mb.

Thanks guys for the quick response...

Unplug the PSU from the wall power.

Press the power button on the case or mobo.

Plug the power back into the PSU.

You should see both amber LEDs. The top one is near the RAM slots and the bottom one is below the PCI slot near the red DIAG LEDs.

If you do not see the two amber LEDs after following these instructions, beg borrow or buy a new PSU to test with.

I still dont get any power to the fans. But i do see the yellow LED light on in the corner of the mb.

Unplug the PSU from the wall power.

Press the power button on the case or mobo.

Plug the power back into the PSU.

You should see both amber LEDs. The top one is near the RAM slots and the bottom one is below the PCI slot near the red DIAG LEDs.

If you do not see the two amber LEDs after following these instructions, beg borrow or buy a new PSU to test with.

I only see the amber LEDs by the PCI slot after doing the above.. I thought that the RAM slot LED one is supposed to go on after the system is turned on?

Also, just to note, when I unplug, then by pressing the power on button it would discharge the power so the LED goes off immediately but now when I press power on the mobo or using the case power switch nothing is being discharged, LED light stays on the about 5-8 seconds