NF3 250GB New To Me... Any Suggestions ?

hay oldguy whats better higher FSB or multiplier ? im stuck and about the TicTac 504 bios works well on this board...care to explain a little on that ?

TicTac vdimm mod bios allows voltage adjustment up to 4.0v when used with a PSU with adjustable rails. Pop in an OCZ powerstream. Adjust the 3.3v rail to about .15v above where you intend to run (I have mine at 3.58v and run me Redlines at 3.40v as an example). Flash to TicTacs modded bios and you will have an increased voltage range to play with...Slicker n' snot and no hardware mods :D

With a sempy you really don't have much choice ;) High FSB...even if you have a multi of X10 or X11 I still tend to go for FSB and use a divider on the memory if needed...Do some benchies. Play some games. Decide for yourself what you prefer ;)

thanks for the input seams my fsb is done at 313 for prime so was woundering if i went to 9 multiplier i could get though prime at 2.5 i get a sumout error at 315 in prime and dont really know what that means but i can prime away at 310 but like i said i wont 2.5 lol its on stock air and seams to stay at load at 50 dont have much to play with and mannaged to get here on my own been four weeks now tweaking all day and night lol but its fun anyways just getting your thoughts

hey you'll love this mobo over the nf7...I did. I've had zero problems except HD corruption with an FSB greater than 250. I've had it running my 3000 newcastle at 2.6ghz 520fSB for several months without problems. (Y)

Guest Blooz1

Yeah, I've had a ball with this MB, with good results.

I just wish I had some extra bucks to pick up a couple of CPU's to play with besides the Sempy!

Now I got 260x10 with only 2.7 volts to the memory and 3-3-3-11 1t and only 1.620 to the proc. 2.6v crapped right away. Will try 2.8v tonite.

I turned on prime and went to bed and it crapped after a few hrs when I checked it this morn.

But thats okay I'm gettin there.

Memory works great in 1 and 3. should help keep em cooler too. Thx old guy.

Figured out the ldt/fsb. dropped from 4 to 3 and it primed twice as long. Thx sticky.

Yes I see a few months of tweakin here. Actually gonna be bummed when I figure out the sweet spot cause then what will I do ? :) (Probably buy more memory and tweak some more)