Sign in to follow this  
gadugger

NF3 250GB New To Me... Any Suggestions ?

I just won this and should receive on mon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DFI-NF3-250gb-Athlon-6...1QQcmdZViewItem

My plan is to start off by borrowing my abit nf7s Kingston Hyperx 2/256 currently running 250x10..Which would not be possible without 1t Tic Tac bios d26 black mantaray...Here is my current sig from abit

NF7-S v2.0 Athlon XP-M 2600+

Kingston HyperX KHX3200ULK2/256

5.2.2.2 @ 11.3.3.2.5 @ 2.8v

250x10 @ 1.825v Stable / 39 Idle / 45 Load

NF7D26-MantaRaysXT-1T / XPHome SP2

BFG 6800 GT OC / OCZ Modstream 520

36 GB Raptor / 60 GB Maxtor Sata

Swiftech MCX159-A Northbridge Heatsink / Passive South

Swiftech WaterBlock / Extreme 120 / MCP350 Pump..

I am thinkin I will use pretty much all the parts from my nf7 (ssshhh shes listnin).

Gonna use a 120 Seagate Barracuda Ide and a 350 antec psu for quick testing when it arrives.

My purpose for choosing this board is how sexy its gonna look in my antec super lanboy case and of course all the bios options that get me all hot and bothered :)

Gonna be a big learning curve over the nf7 bios.

I would be most grateful for any suggestions and tips for making this a smooth transition. Thx in advance

P.s. Was not plannin on using the sound card that I won with it..any thoughts ?

Comes with stock hsf...Will be great for testing but I also have an unused zalman waterblock that I picked up about 2 months ago cause directron was gettin rid of the old style on sale (they are 10 miles from me). and it would not fit on my nf7...not my first choice for waterblocks but I love zalmanns attention to detail. and it was on sale.

Already downloaded the manual and read it all.

not much to say apart from thats a steal @ $190, you make sure u give that kingston stuff 3.3v, and watch as thoughs puppies fly :D

Are you sure about the 3.3 volts for the HyperX ?

Runnin in the abit board they seem to prefer the lower voltage. The board tops out at 2.9 and I am running 2.8

Actually I should say that they will run stable at 2.9 but they will also run stable at 2.8 250x10

Update...I've only had this thing 2 days and its already on water doin 2.6 prime stable at 2-2-2-11 1t . 1.7v 33c idle 42 load. 12x218.

Can someone tell me if its normal for the temp to jump from 33 to 40 right away when I start prime ?

I guess I should redo that sig :)

Update...I've only had this thing 2 days and its already on water doin 2.6 prime stable at 2-2-2-11 1t . 1.7v 33c idle 42 load. 12x218.

Can someone tell me if its normal for the temp to jump from 33 to 40 right away when I start prime ?

I guess I should redo that sig :)

Temp jump is normal...

IF...you need more voltage for your memory and have a psu with adjustable rails (OCZ is weapon of choice) TicTac 504 bios works well on this board...

Temp jump is normal...

IF...you need more voltage for your memory and have a psu with adjustable rails (OCZ is weapon of choice) TicTac 504 bios works well on this board...

Ran these chips at 2.8 before 10x250..cool to the touch.

Took 3.0 to get where I am at now with this board 12x218 and they are hot to the touch on the heatspreaders under prime. So now I'm a little skeeered to throw more volts to em.

Ran these chips at 2.8 before 10x250..cool to the touch.

Took 3.0 to get where I am at now with this board 12x218 and they are hot to the touch on the heatspreaders under prime. So now I'm a little skeeered to throw more volts to em.

Well I know my Newcastle 3000+ has a perty crappy memory controller. That might be part of your problem with the not so great memory perfomance...Lots of memory settings to tweak with these boards though so some tinkering ought to get you some gains...Also try slots one and three. Bump frequency till you error (not thousands, less than a hundred and preferably below fifty)...Then swap slot locations to see if error count goes up or down. Goes up, switch em back. Goes down, you found which stick likes which dimm slot...sounds hokey but I always do it now after getting horrible results one day and trying it. Got me 20 more mhz on my 250gb. Always end up in slots one and three as well no matter what memory I run.

If you find you need to sustain that voltage to the memory get a fan rigged over it.