Xbit: Zalman 9500 Vs 7700 and Water!

Pastuch

WOW! ITS OUT?!?! better read the review, i saw it at computex and ive been dieing to get this thing! thanks much for the ACTUAL review, as everyone only had previews, which i did not need!

Regards, WoL-Shiver

now... will it fit in a dfi mobo, or do we wait for a newer product, as they say they are going to make a variety of 9000 series coolers.

and guess what, if it fits... on these dfi sli dr mobos... my rear fans can pull heat off it too, is that good or bad? :) :) :) : :)

That is pretty impressive performance. I will say though that the GB WC system is not exatly high end watercooling. I am sure you can get better performance with Danger Den or Swiftteck parts at about the same price. I would also note that the best of the best cooling is not as needed on the AMD systems not that I settled for second myself :)

The least they could do would be to get the product to a proper reviewer. Between the misspelled words and grammar errors it was kinda hard to read.

These examples stand out...

------

There is a widely spread opinion that it is rally simple to design the most efficient and powerful cooling systems in the world.

------

This design peculiarity allows dissipating heat efficiently even though the heatsink weights not too much.

------

The manufacturer recommends placing the Zalman CNPS9500 LED cooler in such a way that its fan is on the right-hand side and blew the warm air towards the case fans.

------

Then he couldn't figure out that there were two clips for the different kinds of mounting hardware.

Gonna have to wait for a decent review.

That is pretty impressive performance. I will say though that the GB WC system is not exatly high end watercooling. I am sure you can get better performance with Danger Den or Swiftteck parts at about the same price. I would also note that the best of the best cooling is not as needed on the AMD systems not that I settled for second myself :)

As you see, the Zalman CNPS9500 LED cooler based on heat-pipe technology is really as efficient as a liquid cooling system. However, I will follow in Zalman’s footsteps and will not state with 100% certainty, that their new offspring is 100% better than a liquid cooling solution. During our tests all three systems generated about the same level of noise. However, at this point Zalman CNPS7700Cu worked at the top of its capacity, and hence the new Zalman CNPS9500 LED really does outperform the predecessor at all extents.

i think somewhere in there was him trying to make a hidden remark, at least, i see it that way.

Either you do the job right or you don't do it at all.

It's a technical review. The very least you can do is get the words right.

Granted it's an early review of a product that hasn't hit the market. But the guy could have described what kind of thermal paste he used and how it was applied. What was the ambient room temp during testing? Was the board exposed on a workbench or was it installed in a case? These things matter when you perform a technical review.

I edit technical reviews for fun and this thing would have never left my desktop as is.

I stand by my observations.

errr, ohhhh, umm. i blatantly disagree with exroadie, it was a good review, whats 4-5 spelling mistakes, and an error? ill stop there.

Regards, Wol-Shiver

I agree, its another in a string of poorly written reviews by the big sites. The Toms Hardware X-Fi review was too glowing to be taken seriously. This review was very short of details but over all I thought it was good. I just wish they would have tested a Venice. Its not like I am ever going to buy an Intel chip. Lets see a 9500 on an FX57 on an NF4 SLI-DR!

Come to think of it, the perfect review of the 9500 would be an Athlon 64 3700SanDiego to FX59 (3.0ghz) overclock. Turn a $340CA CPU into a non existant $1300CA CPU. If this thing can make a sandiego 3700 do 3.0ghz then we have a new overclocking king. I want this bloody heatsink and crossfire to come out already!