Sign in to follow this  
umbrella

NF3 250GB> Windows slow boot.

I saw another post with the same problem but there were so many posts I didn't know what to do. Can you guys help me out this one time? Its the post where the blue windows bar at the boot screen goes by about 30 times.

Ok. This is when windows is detecting all your devices and loading the device drivers for them. So is this a new install?

you can try going to C:WINDOWSPREFETCH, and delete everything in that folder, and reboot, it should speed it up, but I think it is only a temp. fix.

ya mine goes across 7-8 times now.....need to get that back down to 2-3 like a fresh install....

i'll try that temp fix when i get home.....

I had that very slow boot in a specific condition, using my px-130a (which is udma5) alone in a ide channel and using ms ide drivers, windows would take more than 30 passes on the bar. It nvidia sw ide windows would boot as fast as usual, but as I prefer to use the ms ones due to older problems, I went back to ms and put both dvds in the same ide channel.

Some users got away with this problem by reducing from udma5 to udma2 (which is the same for an optical drive) on the px-116 (which is udma4 and can have the same problem), but unfortunately this mobo can't force it via bios.

First try to disconnect your optical just to check if it's this kind of issue.