Sign in to follow this  
umbrella

NF3 250GB> New 5.1 Channel System

I just bought a set of logitech X-530 speakers. I can't get the center speaker to work though. I've updated my drivers and set windows to the 5.1 setup but still nothing. I used the nvidia test to see if sound could come through. It showed that it could and the sound came through on the test.

So the nvidia setup utility shows the center channel is working (no problems with the connection etc).... so what source are you NOT getting sound from? Some sources are naturally stereo and will not output any sound from center....

I have the same speakers, and have used them on 3dif sound cards. one onboard realtech, sblive and now my audigy2ZS.

with all they have required one if not 2 things to get sound from all channels.

1. make sure the sound card is set to 5.1, and set simulated 3d for stereo recordings, ex:MP3's

2. if sound card doesnt have a simulated 3D setting you have to set the media player being used to simulate 3D sound if it doesnt on it's own.

BTW Windows media player10 should simulate 3D on it's own. it always has for me.

Also if your sound card 5.1 test creates sound from all channels it is def a setting problem.

wow, I thought it was just me....

ARR ~! Errrrr, Durrrr, must be the grog.

I have the same speakers and currently they do not do center sound either. I got it to do full sound once and I figured since they were plugged into my Intel (w/Sb live 5.1) machine I wouldn't worry about it sice it is not where they will be used. *(The Logitech x-530's go to the DFI board and my Intel gets its Cambridge Soundwords 3 pc set back as it has been a good combo.)

Very cool though. Found one beforehand. saved the text of these posts for future use.

How do I enable 3d sound anyway?

Like I said, if your sound options doesnt have a setting for it you will have to use what ever media player you have that will alow simulated 3D sound.