Sign in to follow this  
sammy5gs

NF4 SLI-DR & Corsair DRAMA

What revision # is your Corsair memory? There are good revisions and bad revisions. Corsair used multiple module types from Winbond, Micron, Promos, and Samsung. If the modules are Samsung/Winbond based, there shouldn't be any problems. If the modules are Micron/Promos based, expect problems.

Also, is your FX a San Diego or a Clawhammer?

Ok - you are going to have to excuse my ignorance on the first question, but how would I be able to check the revision # or modules on the ram stick if the heatspreader is on it? It looks as though there is some type of paste (not just the clips). Anywho, I did not want to damage the stick any further. Let me know your thoughts on this.

As far as the second question, I bought my chip a while back, so I would guess it is a Clawhammer?

Ok - you are going to have to excuse my ignorance on the first question, but how would I be able to check the revision # or modules on the ram stick if the heatspreader is on it? It looks as though there is some type of paste (not just the clips). Anywho, I did not want to damage the stick any further. Let me know your thoughts on this.

As far as the second question, I bought my chip a while back, so I would guess it is a Clawhammer?

Top right-hand corner of the label there should be something on the order of XMS320#v#.#. The #.# is your revision...

If you still don't see it check out this link:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34307

I have v2.1 and I'm still trying to figure out what IC's I have.

Jim

I have v2.1 and I'm still trying to figure out what IC's I have.

Winbond BH-6.

Ok - I have v1.4.

I don't see that revision # online. Still checking....

Corsair IC Inquiry Thread

Latest IC List: Updated 8/17/05

Didn't see TwinX2048-3200C2 v2.1 on there, so BH-6 can't be confirmed, although I see that you've already posted your query there.

For everyone else:

To accurately find out which ICs are in which memory, the following is needed:

1. Part #

2. Revision #

3. Lot #

How To Read the Memory Label

If any info is missing, Ram Guy will not have enough information to answer your inquiry. That area of the forum is not checked regularly by Ram Guy, and as such responses to inquiries will not be immediate. He is the only person who has the information to completely answer IC inquiries. Any other response by another member of the forum is at best an educated guess.

All 3200XLs and 4400C25s use Samsung TCCDs, and all 3500C2s use Windbond BH-5s, so it is not necessary to ask what their ICs are within that thread.

Well I found out that Nanya -5 IC's are used for rev2.1 (assuming that they didn't change the IC's without changing the rev #) haven't been able to find out any usefull information on them though. Does anyone have any information on these IC's.

Here is the link where RamGuy states that XMS3202v2.1 are Nanya -5 IC's:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42229

Jim

Well I found out that Nanya -5 IC's are used for rev2.1 (assuming that they didn't change the IC's without changing the rev #) haven't been able to find out any usefull information on them though. Does anyone have any information on these IC's.

Here is the link where RamGuy states that XMS3202v2.1 are Nanya -5 IC's:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42229

Jim

He stated:

CMX1024-3200C2 XMS3202 v2.1 0532004-1 use Nanya -5 64M X 8 IC's

You posted you have:

CMX1024-3200C2 XMS3202 v2.1 0533085-1

Different lot #s, therefore possibly different ICs. That's why there's an IC inquiry thread, because if ICs matched part # / revision #, then that thread wouldn't be needed.

Odd, TechPowerUp says that its Winbond BH-6 for C2 in that version. But then again, its TwinX so I could have more likely been wrong. I'll add that Corsair IC thread to my signature. :cool:

I have the black kit of 2048c2 and i have it working currently at 240mhz/180 divider with my [email protected] and i have no problems, but i had to change it to 2.5 2,2,5, 1t. I have them in the 1and 2 slots.....I think it just wont overclock at cas2...... :sweat:

Odd, TechPowerUp says that its Winbond BH-6 for C2 in that version. But then again, its TwinX so I could have more likely been wrong. I'll add that Corsair IC thread to my signature. :cool:

They're saying what exactly? got a link? If they're saying that lot # is BH-6, they're nuts. that's a new lot # (05-33) and those ICs haven't been made for a while. BH-5s are being re-done (UTTs), but AFAIK, not BH-6.

Also, may want to link just to the thread and not to that post as the thread will be updated with a new post later on.

They're saying what exactly? got a link? If they're saying that lot # is BH-6, they're nuts. that's a new lot # (05-33) and those ICs haven't been made for a while. BH-5s are being re-done (UTTs), but AFAIK, not BH-6.

Also, may want to link just to the thread and not to that post as the thread will be updated with a new post later on.

Wired,

The link he is talking about is the last line in his sig... The problem with the TechPowerUp link is it doesn't distinguish between the different sizes and definitely doesn't mention lot #'s. For example, it gives that xms3202v2.1 is BH-6; but from what it sounds like, RamGuy needs the size and lot # along with the model number to identify the ICs.

Jim