NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

I just read every post. Thought you all might wanna know that. What do I win?

LOL Happy_Games, as I was reading I was getting pissed off at all of the repeat questions. Even ones that were answerd in the first page! lmao.

Oh well, I appreciate your hard work. I think when I build my computer I will take pictures and post the step-by step process 100% of what I went through.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I just put my computer to work, everything together even the memories (both at the same time) and works fine with WXP SP2. I read the forum and already notice that I will have to fix a small issue, regards to power, easy. But when I put the mb inside the case the Karajan module hit the fan. There is a bit of pressure but it is working. Is this a problem?

Have you tried following this :http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...04&postcount=49

Here is the way to read the Diagnostic LEDs.

4 LEDs on = Power applied, checking CPU

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK, checking RAM

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK, checking VGA

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK, entering BIOS

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

Example: If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

The lower(PCI) Amber LED is the 5VSB indicator. The upper Amber LED is the RAM voltage indicator. Once the rig has started and been shut down the RAM LED will go out until the PSU is power cycled.

will not connecting the FDD and on board 4pin power plugs affect my overclock??

i have seen the exact same stepping as mine at 2.9ghz on air but without the extra power plugs plugged in, mines crapping out at below 2.6ghz, could they be the reason why??

edit - the answer is no, it didnt help one bit

will not connecting the FDD and on board 4pin power plugs affect my overclock??

i have seen the exact same stepping as mine at 2.9ghz on air but without the extra power plugs plugged in, mines crapping out at below 2.6ghz, could they be the reason why??

It will affect your system stability - detrimentally.

Not all CPUs are exactly the same, and not all will OC the same. If you're not getting good speeds, your CPU probably just can't handle it.