NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

I didnt get one thing. What is that 4 pin molex connector for ? Do we really need to conncet that ? I ran my mobo without it for a month. And i even pluuged a led light there :) So i should connect a 4 pin conncetor from the PSU. rIGHT ?

you should probably not be lazy and read through as much of the thread as possible, as well as use the search function (there's a search tutorial in the Tutorials section)

I'm not trying to be openly rude to you

I'm simply relaying info that has been discussed about....twenty four thousand times per month ;)

if there's a plugin on the motherboard...it ain't there to take up space and look pretty...it's made to have something plugged into it (especially power!)

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but i dont have time to search thru all 21 pages. I just asked a simple question. And u gave me the rudest answer u could. If u dont wanna answer thats fine leave it, someone will answer.

I am still asking the same question ? U can give me a direct link so i can read or just give me an answer please. Why do we have to plug that 4 pin HDD and FFD connectors to the mobo since the hdd and floppy disk are both getting their power directly from the PSU.

If its for stability, do i still need to connect FFD connector if i dont have a floppy disk in my system.

And one more question :

My PSU only has one 4 pin floppy connector how could i make my floppy disk run if i connect it to the mobo.

Thank you very much !

I am still asking the same question ? U can give me a direct link so i can read or just give me an answer please. Why do we have to plug that 4 pin HDD and FFD connectors to the mobo since the hdd and floppy disk are both getting their power directly from the PSU.

The power isn't for your HDDs and FDDs. The LanParties are picky about power, and every little bit will just make it all the more stable. The reason they're there is because the standard ATX 24-pin connector doesn't quite fit the bill in terms of delivering power.

If its for stability, do i still need to connect FFD connector if i dont have a floppy disk in my system.

And one more question :

My PSU only has one 4 pin floppy connector how could i make my floppy disk run if i connect it to the mobo.

Thank you very much !

I really wouldn't run it without all the power connectors connected. If you need another FDD power cable, you can get an adapter.

Remember this motherboard is specially made for overclocking. And overclocking demands good and stable electricity to run. That's why it needs to have these connections plugged in, cause the motherboard is made to provide good and stable electriciy to all the components.

This isn't a standard mobo, it's made for overclocking. But sure, you can use it without having anything overclocked, but it is still made for overclocking. And it still needs electicity, in all the connections since it was made this way.

Sure you can buy a big sportscar without driving fast, but it is still made for driving fast.

Sure you can buy a big sportscar without driving fast, but it is still made for driving fast.

That's right, still made for driving fast and you still have to give it the best gas and oil, because everything on a sports car is still precision whether you're pushing it to the limit or not. I really don't see the big deal in giving the board the power it needs anyway. Really, what's the problem?

That's right, still made for driving fast and you still have to give it the best gas and oil, because everything on a sports car is still precision whether you're pushing it to the limit or not. I really don't see the big deal in giving the board the power it needs anyway. Really, what's the problem?
Maybe because this is un-seen in the mobo market? I haven't seen any other motherboard that needs more power? But I was in the market for a good mobo so when it was written here on the street "must plug in all power connectors", I was thinking, "Oh, plug in all power connectors, maybe I have to do that then" :rolleyes:

But I can understand that it can be troublesome if you don't have enough cables and connections from your PSU... then you will be without floppy drive and maybe a harddrive or DVD drive or something until you can pick up an adaptor.

But I can understand that it can be troublesome if you don't have enough cables and connections from your PSU... then you will be without floppy drive and maybe a harddrive or DVD drive or something until you can pick up an adaptor.

Yeah, I can understand that may be a bit of a hassle. Not only that but some PSUs may not even come with floppy connectors because, who needs a floppy any more? Of course you need them for RAID or possibly to flash the BIOS, but for the normal computer user they're pretty much useless, so some PSUs just don't support it.

I wonder how hard it would be to jury rig a connector just using the molex wires. It's all the same anyway, two grounds, a 5V and a 12V.

Yeah, I can understand that may be a bit of a hassle. Not only that but some PSUs may not even come with floppy connectors because, who needs a floppy any more? Of course you need them for RAID or possibly to flash the BIOS, but for the normal computer user they're pretty much useless, so some PSUs just don't support it.

I wonder how hard it would be to jury rig a connector just using the molex wires. It's all the same anyway, two grounds, a 5V and a 12V.

Yeah if you are brave enough and know your electrics, it's just 4 molex-cables that needs to be in the right places. Of course you could run without all the power connections plugged in untill you get the adaptor, but I wouldn't recommend it. I did run without the floppy connector once, because I ran out of connections and needed to hook up a floppy along with a SCSI drive.

But for the long run I would never run without them.

• 4 weeks later...

Gentlefolk,

Your images are not what they're shipping today; power connector setup is different. I can make the connections except I have no 8pin, it's a 4pin. Plus there isn't a Molex now. Can find some discussion on it but noboday bothers to say yes or no when the substitution of a 4pin is suggested. Since I checked here before purchasing, I'm a little irked that your images told me I was fine but now I have to ensure I'll not misconnect the mobo.

Thanks for your assistance; greatly appreciate your time. :D

i still have a doubt with those 2 stability connectors on the mobo.

They are really necessary just because the stability issue or it has to be with the power??

And guessing that its the power, it would be really necessary having those connectors plugged in even if i have a 700w or more powerful PSU???