NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

no driver is needed for hotswap!

@kirby smith: install the usb2 driver from gigabyte.com!

the drivers from dfi make the usb2.0 to usb1.1 because of an issue with xp!

That's interesting, because when I plug in a drive, I have to reboot for the OS to see it. Also are you saying my USB ports are running at 1.1?

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the help, but I'm running Win2k SP4 and not XP. As it happens, I tried letting Windows find a driver for the extra USB with the question mark, which it did. Sometime after that (and probably after one or more reboots) I noticed that I now have only one USB controller line, with four sub-items. These include USB 2.0 drivers. So with a bit of help, it fixed itself.

I am only using USB to communicate with my UPS, so testing its bandwidth is not feasible.

kirby

Guys.. Im planning on buying a DFI nforce4 Ultra-D and a Opteron 165

would you recomend the Thermaltake Venus 12 heatsink?...

Thyphoon its a very large heatsink will it fit the Board?

Will this Processor work with this board?

"AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Toledo 2000MHz HT 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor"

And if so is it better than the one you used?

Or is that just Overkill?

"AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Toledo 2000MHz HT 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor"

Yes, it will work, and yes, it sure is better than what Travis used in the example.

Whether or not it is overkill just depends on the size of your^H^H^H^H^H what you intend to do with it. :)

You could get the FX-64 too if I'm not mistaken... XD

overkill in a good way :)

haha no but you can put the specs of the rig you PLAN to build in it as that helps us help you pick the right parts

nothing worse than getting everything together to build and it dont work, and then AFTER the fact you tell us "oh I bought some 400w Ultra-X psu" and we say "oh well if you had let us know before you bought everything, we'd have screamed at you to buy a real psu that is on the recommended list and now you've done blown up your board and psu and possibly memory too"

heh

ok so thats a bit extreme of a scenario, but nothing worse than buying all the wrong parts (the DFI boards are quite picky)