NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've looked at Agry's BIOS screens and have a couple of questions. Apologies if this is really obvious or is posted elsewhere, but I've been looking all over the net for this and can't see it anywhere. If the answers are on this site, I'd really appreciate a link or a pointer :)

OK, so I have a boot problem with my 6800GT, which I'm pretty sure is not a fault on the card, not a fault with the mobo, and not a fault with the PSU. So I'm now wondering about my BIOS settings. I haven't updated the BIOS at all.

1) Should that card work with the default mobo settings?

2) In Angry's screens, and others I have seen, the mem voltage is a lot higher than mine - my NVidia monitor is showing 2.59v, and screens that I've seen show as high as 3.6v. Should I be increasing the mem voltage in my BIOS or will that cause problems?

3) Similarly, my Core voltage is reading 1.53 - I'm just interested in what other people have, and if they got those readings without messing in the BIOS.

I guess what I'm asking is just how many changes Angry actually made in the BIOS, and how many of those settings are either default, or were automatically altered by other changes he made.

Many thanks, and I do apologise for the noobishness of this.

Hi, I did not receive any video on my board and as I thought it was defekt from retailer I sent it back for RMA. I found this page today and saw that the 4-pin floppy connection was needed to get stability. I didn't know that but Is this why I didn't get any picture on my screen?

Borrow another PCIE video card and see if it boots. You will then know if it is the card. Chances are it is not the card, but something very basic. The last instance of this that I troubleshot was due to faulty keyboard!!! Make sure your monitor works on another computer with the same cable. I'm sure you have already checked and rechecked the seating of the video card, but do it again. Bon chance!

Tested another videocard, tried in the lower port and the monitor is the one I'm sitting in front of right now.

And the thing is, I already sent it to RMA so I cant test anything anymore. I just want to know if its possible that I rma:d it for no reason or if it's really defekt.