Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

Fine. Do it however you please. Don't attach all of the power plugs and if you see anything else in the instructions or recommendations that you don't think are necessary, then be sure and not do them either. The engineers at DFI are dedicated, in their ignorance, to ask for you to do things that are really not important or necessary. And, don't be concerned about 20pins vs. 24pins or any other of that junk you hear about psu's; 350watts is plenty.

Of course, I'm only kidding.

Yeah good idea and you can neatly tuck all those extra wires away in some corner and make it look nicer. Or better yet, just cut off everything you don't want to use. j/k

Fine. Do it however you please. Don't attach all of the power plugs and if you see anything else in the instructions or recommendations that you don't think are necessary, then be sure and not do them either. The engineers at DFI are dedicated, in their ignorance, to ask for you to do things that are really not important or necessary. And, don't be concerned about 20pins vs. 24pins or any other of that junk you hear about psu's; 350watts is plenty.

Of course, I'm only kidding.

I think you misunderstood my post. I was saying that not plugging in the 4-pin on my old motherboard caused it to crash and freeze several times a day. :P

Septem,

That bit of ironic sarcasm was NOT directed towards you and was meant to underline a basic premise that you obviously adhere to: "Follow the simple instructions."

Sorry if it appeared that I was answering your post.

Guest Dynamic

By any chance installing an XP-90c with a Tornado 92mm fan be blocking the orange slots for a pair of OCZ BH-5 STICKS? I can't really tell from the pictures but it looks like it can't be fit with memory on the orange slot closest to cpu socket, right? Anything on this Angry.....

By any chance installing an XP-90c with a Tornado 92mm fan be blocking the orange slots for a pair of OCZ BH-5 STICKS? I can't really tell from the pictures but it looks like it can't be fit with memory on the orange slot closest to cpu socket, right? Anything on this Angry.....

a correclty installed XP-90, XP-90C, XP-120, or SI-120 will allow normal RAM modules to be installed in ANY slot.

normal meaning those that do not have the LED's like Corsair PRO and Ballistix TRACER modules.

It'll fit, just keep in mind that copper is a helluva lot heavier than aluminium. I saw in another thread that the XP-90 is reccomended but the XP-90c is not, because the extra weight, if left unsupported, will cause the HS to pull away from the CPU. This has nothing to do with the RAM slots but it's good to know. :P

Hi to all, it's true that mount an Arctic Pro 64 on this mobo it's difficult? Thanks in advice for the answer(s) :D

I put one on mine, it was a piece of cake.

I just built my rig today, and I am now trying to install windows and it gets stuck at:

Setup is starting windows

Any suggestions?

HELP!!

It takes an extremely long time for setup to start Windows, how long did you wait? Try it again, get yourself a nice cup of coffee and a Russian novel, and if it still isn't started when you're finished with both, then you have a problem. :P