NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

just wondering (im really confused about this whole thing) I have a DFI lanparty nF4 sli-DR, and apparently you guys are saying that i have to plug 1xmolex connector and 1x FDD connector into the slots on the mobo...correct? I always though that they were extra power slots for you to plug you hard drive into ect...

Also, with my RAM...which slot do i put them into, the yellow or orange?

skuzzy

Guest st_clancy

is the heatsink in the picture the xp-90 or an xp-120? with ram with heatsink fit past that heatsink in the picture in the orange slot?

Angry:

I have been trouble shooting my DFI NF4 SLI DR for some time and the only way I have been able to keep her running is to have the ram timings on auto for the past while? This recently gave way and I find myself breaking down and buying a new board (expert) which I just ordered from Monarch.

My question is are there any differences in installation I should be prepared for? Do you forsee any issues with my ram on this board?

Thanks!

*EDIT* In reading PC Stats article I see the 12v connector is now a 8 pin vs a 4 pin. Is there an adapter included? If not, I do not plan to do any heavy OC what is your recommendation?

Is it okay it I put the xp-90 upsite down (the overlaping bit down towards the graphics card) I dont think I have enough AS5 to reseat it the right way round.

Is the thermal paste that comes with the hsf any good, could I just use that?

Also is the floppy power connector u connect to the board any to do with a floppy drive coz I havent got one installed so I never plugged it in (I have now) And should you plug in the 20-pin or full 24-pin into board coz the ocz manual said not to??

I've always used AS5 and have had good results when applied properly.

Connecting the floppy power helps in stability on your OC, thats why A_G is telling us to connect it, that is also the reason for the 24 pin connector. On my first build I did not use the 24 pin cause I only had a 20 pin from my Ultra X psu and did not connect the flopy power connector and my system was good until I try to OC it then the problems started.