NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ermm also if i may add i turn my heatsync a few degrees left and right then clip in in when using AS5 ....also i apply some to the heatsync rub it in (use a ziplock on you hand then rub it in with your finger) then wipe it off with a papertowelto you cant anymore the heatsync should still be discoloers from it that just means in sunk into the poer of the metal ....then agian if your using AS5 you should know to do this but if you dont well this is something overlooked buy alota ppl ...its all on the AS website ^_^ ...but as for the amount your putting on is just right

I used the screws that were used with the original heatsink plastic holder - now i used it for my XP 120 and noticed that they were too big only after trying to screw the board into the case tray.. should i saw the extra off the bottom? or just redo the whole thing?

PLEASE HELP ME!

thank you!!!!!!!!!

The 4 pin power connector for the floppy drive that plugs into the motherboard. Just wondering if it can be taken out and put into the floppy drive for a few minutes while I install the SATA drivers as I only have 1 4pin power cable for my power supply ??

Hi everyone btw, thanx for any replies even if its to take the piss for my stupidity and lack of knowledge

Ive gone ahead and done it now. currently formatting the HD. i got the impression from a different thread that the components will be fine with the 4pin not connected to the mobo but it wont be as stable as possible so i'll reconnect it after ive finished installing windows and turn the power off.