NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you cover the entire heatspreader with a thin, even coat, it is ok (i do it with certain types of TIM)

i tried mounting 2 different ways with AS5 several times

one is the one AG showed in the picture and one is spreading it out evenly and thinly with an ATM card

still get best temps with a small rice grain in the middle.. worked the best for me..

and nice guide AG :D

Babyself.. I see you have use OCZ3500 GX i use OCZ 3500 GamerX.. Gold...

I have many problem of stability with them. Can i ask you what settings have work well for you with This OCZ and what bios have work fine for you? I m new on DFI User and new too on OCZ... I need some little Help please.

Thanks Babyself, i try this and contact you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

I have see one thing, normally i can't get more 3.1V.. this give me automaticaly error under memtest, at 3.2V error, at 3.1V no error same speed same latencies.-

But i have make the try again at 3.5V, i got some error, but..... I can play and pass through the limit of 230Mhz on DDR, i just have try at 245Mhz and no problem in games. BF2 work good, and GW too....So strange :D

other thing have you find a good Tref for work at 166Mhz?.

problem with x850xt VGA card is that u can only plug it to the lower PCI-X if u plug it to the higher one the VGA is so bug it will touch the MB fan. so if u have an atix850xt like me u can have only 1 normal PCI slot to use (the other one is overtaken by the huge VGA)

I begin to think i was falling on a bad DDR, not the fault of OCZ... I see one thing, when i look the result obtained by Babelf and the poor result i have with the same type. I can think have a little bit worst of him, something like 480Mhz, but a difference like this...lol. I'm so in difcraplty for find good stable settings at stock speed like in OC...

Thanks for the Info...

but one question... why would you only put ONE stick of memory on at a time?

something DFI specific?

last one I built on the foam pad to make sure it would post i threw both in.

Just Curious.....

must say these forums are great!

Can't wait for the delivery truck!!

Ha ha .

Thanks guys

Thanks for the Info...

but one question... why would you only put ONE stick of memory on at a time?

something DFI specific?

last one I built on the foam pad to make sure it would post i threw both in.

Just Curious.....

must say these forums are great!

Can't wait for the delivery truck!!

Ha ha .

Thanks guys

just to make sure the system will boot and run ok with minimal components. you dont want to complicate things by putting everything at once.