Sign in to follow this  
Lawrence_Chiu

NF4 SLI-DR> CM Stacker not compatible

Hi all,

I bought a Cooler Master CM Stacker STC-T01-UWK case today along with the DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR motherboard.

I got a problem with it.

The motherboard uses a Karajan audio riser card and the card bumps the stacker's rear fan which is 25mm deep.

You can see a picture here.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lawrence_chi...9&.dnm=c90b.jpg

closeup: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lawrence_chi...9&.dnm=b4e1.jpg

Is it possible to get a 120mm fan which is not so deep? Or do I have to return the case and get something else? I love the stacker but this bums me out.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Lawrence

Make a signature as per the sticky and board rules. (you might have it shows up on the second post. )

Check my signature, When i encounterd that problem, I just used a knife and cut a 1 x 3 mm slot into the fan shroud and it fit.

gl

EDIT; if looks like it will hit the blades when you nothch the fan body, then install it on the outside. *(Temporarily, till you get a lower profile fan. )

My best guess from the angle of the photo. It looks like you need 2cm at the most ?

The same thing happens with my 120mm case fan in my cooler master centurion 5, I dremeled about a fourth of an inch outa the case fan and ti works fine

What I did was remove the fan, install the mobo and reinstalled the fan using only 3 screws. It's very tight but it does just about go. Another option is to mount the fan externally.

i just choose to use an Audigy2 ZS or Audigy1 on my Stacker and Centurion instead of the Karjan audio

there's really nothing you can do besides what everyone suggests in this thread

Mine fits just fine?!?! It does almost rub, but slides right in. Take the fan off and install it AFTER the module, and I think you'll be alright. BTW, I replaced the CM fan with a 38mm PanaFlo and it still fits.

When i encounterd that problem, I just used a knife and cut a 1 x 3 mm slot into the fan shroud and it fit.

Same thing I did.. Took all but 1min.. :nod:

i felt like putting my karajan to use, so i took some weird circular tool my dad has thats meant for cutting up wood or something, much like a very coarse file, and it did the job perfectly!

just get a file or something and file to fit.

dont bother making something A+ perfect, it wont do any harm.