Any Suggestions?

The top is useless for air atm. It is nice and cool, but since I have a 21" case, the mobo and CPU dont get any of it. I was thinking of cutting out a section on the top of my case and adding a fan that would force air down around the CPU and mobo. The fan at the front of my case isn't moving a lot of air, and I have a suspicion that its the case's fault (theres no place for the air to go/come from - thats why I drilled some holes on the front).

its very simple. get some arctic silver... i have an AMD 2500+ running at 1.85v (not all the time) 11 x 215 and am barely breaking 50c at full load. air cooled with an Coolermaster Aero V. arctic silver is 5 bucks, i wouldnt even ask if my temps are too high untill trying to reattach the heatsink atleast once, and arctic silver is the way.

i.e. when i was running my AMD 2500 @ stock voltage and speed 11 x 166mhz with the stock heatsink and fan + arctic silver i didnt even break 40c. 39c at full load. a good thermal combound shouldn't be an option. expecially for the price/result ratio..

added a pic of my heatsink, for the price ($30-40)i think its the best performer. a lot of recent reviews say the same. it is loud though at its highest speeds, but it just blends in with my other 7 loud fans lol.

also nice case...good idea to cut another whole for a side fan. mine blows on the agp card which i prefer to have more air flow since it doesnt have extra cooling.

Edited by C0DE

I've reseated the hs a few times, and I used AS3 (friends) all 3 times. Unfortunately I dont have any of my own (yet) so I cant do anything to the hs, or check the processor.

I take it that $5 is USD, because I've only seen it for >$12.

Just a random question, is it Heatsink or Heatsync? I've seen it spelled both ways.

Edited by Judicus

never heard of heatsync .. but it is Heatsink. on newegg.com its $5 for arctic silver.. but $5 shipping :( i always just buy it when i buy everything else. wish i could help you more, i dont have any experience with that cpu. but some good news is that my aunt has a AMD 2000+ that runs at 76c and its still running fine lol... so you do have some breathing room.