Sign in to follow this  
zero-fill

to update BIOS or not?

I am currently using the 3/10 BIOS with my SD (rest of system in sig), and I am not having any issues, but I was wondering if I should update to a newer BIOS? Would it improve performance at all? I'm not sure if the 3/10 BIOS fully supports SDs, but I am not having any problems; however if I need to update to get better performance then I will.

I noticed when comparing my Everest memory scores to the ones in this post: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...29&postcount=23 (I have the same RAM and the same RAM settings) that my scores are a little lower. The BIOS was the only thing I could think of that would make much of a difference.

just my personal way of doings things, is that i upgrade to all "official" updates. bios, drivers, firmwares, etc.

keeps you up to date and will fix any issues you may have in the future.

Yeah I was planning on using the Official BIOS. However, I am hesitant to update because I am not having any problems. If it will improve performance, then I wouldn't mind doing it as much.

My feeling tends to be 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. But then the hot weather makes me grumpier about fixing things when they go sideways on me.