NF2 Users: Read!

24 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES!!!!
    • nah

Sounding good so far, good work stealth :)

Tmods boot screen looks very nice too!

Just wondering stealth, does it just flash automatically? If so, with what switches?

And btw, who was the one who voted no? :D

yes, the cd i currently have out flashes automatically....

it flashes with awdflash using the /py /sn /cd /cp /cc /LD /R /f switches

the graphical vrsion should be a point, click, and flash setup :nod:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it flashes with awdflash using the /py /sn /cd /cp /cc /LD /R /f switches

If you look in the bios flash how to from DFI they do NOT recommend the /f switch when flashing the NFII motherboards.

Also I would not recommend the /f switch as it will flash whatever is there regardless if it is the wrong file.

I would personally prefer to be warned that I am flashing something that isn't the right part number then to find out on reboot.

Tmod

If you look in the bios flash how to from DFI they do NOT recommend the /f switch when flashing the NFII motherboards.

Also I would not recommend the /f switch as it will flash whatever is there regardless if it is the wrong file.

I would personally prefer to be warned that I am flashing something that isn't the right part number then to find out on reboot.

Tmod

., ill fix asap...thanks

Hmmm. /f can cause problems on these nForce2's. Its only a very small chance but its been known to erase the LAN MAC IP so it maybe safer not to use that.

Also if your gonna be sticking NF4 Bioses on there too there could be a chance ppl could flash their NF2 or NF4 with the wrong Bios by accident with those switches.

Personally i'd drop the /f and add /qi. Thats just my opinion.

EDIT: Tmod beat me to it. Lol i'm so slow...:tooth:

Hmmm. /f can cause problems on these nForce2's. Its only a very small chance but its been known to erase the LAN MAC IP so it maybe safer not to use that.

Also if your gonna be sticking NF4 Bioses on there too there could be a chance ppl could flash their NF2 or NF4 with the wrong Bios by accident with those switches.

Personally i'd drop the /f and add /qi. Thats just my opinion.

EDIT: Tmod beat me to it. Lol i'm so slow...:tooth:

/qi does?

HeHeHe, I am confused so easily sometimes.

I haven't used anything but WinFlash in a year. But I know I can't use it if winders isn't stable so that's why you got me all excited about this CD.

But I think I'm reading Tmod and Stealth17 are working on "seperate" versions? I was under the impression that you guys were doing this together with input from Shinobi. Yes? No? sorta. I realize that you guys are expending a lot of effort to do this right, and hopefully it'll get some more visitors to your web sites as well. Good idea as I do like to read fun stuff on other forums as well.

forgot about the /f forcing and never used /QI. I was hoping the CD(s) would contain a LOT of different bioses. Especially with Tmod being able to mot the Sil Image bios for us. And I think they'd all be better using one of the later Sil bioses.

I sure would like to see Memtest 1.6 on it as well. Make everything so much easier. Actually I can think of a bunch of things that I'd like to see on it. Thinking we need a little more co-ordination on this.

Respect to all of you, please don't get me wrong. Just not sure what you guys got goin' down here.

But I think I'm reading Tmod and Stealth17 are working on "seperate" versions?

I had started a front end for the CD a little while ago when I had read that pershoot's didn't offer anything for the Ultra Infinity when I had thought it did.

I have never used pershoot's or even downloaded it as I never had a reason so I didn't know.

It would be nice to be partnered up with someone else on these projects as they do take some time to create.

I had offered stealth17 to combine forces but we couldn't come to a agreement on the sharing of the download of this CD. I do understand stealth17's point as it is easier to update when the time comes to do it. That way you are not chasing different downloads around trying to make sure all the download links are updated.

There is no reason for both of us to be creating one of these so I am stopping the creation of my version.

Tmod

Tmod is 100% correct. We decided not to work together on this and I'm glad Tmod didn't take me the wrong way.

As for the bioses on the cd, I woun't say too much right now. What I will say is I'm going to have every DFI bios bot nf4 and nf2 on the graphical version. It takes time though so please respect that.

I will keep you updated throughout the project.

Thank you.

Why are you requiring registration on your forums to be able to download this CD?

You also are not offering any support of the product on these forums as you state to post problems on your site.

Maybe you should rethink your approach on this.

Tmod

Probably be better adding all the official LanParty & Infinity bioses first.

For some weird reason the 7/28 bios isn't listed anymore but the downloads are still there. You can get them here:

DFI Infinity NFII Ultra 7/28 Bios

DFI Lanparty B 7/28 Bios.

Imo thats the best one for Sempron users so its worth including.

Then theres all the main modded bioses such as TicTacs, Hellfires & Merlins.