1. 1.

• YES!!!!
    • nah

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sideeffect -

It looks like you have one BIOS file in there that's an Infinity version. Here's what the zip file name reads - N24ID619-8KA-REV2.zip Is that actually a Infinity BIOS, or just a mistake when the zip was made? Curious, because I might try it on my board if it's actually for it.

Thats for the Infinity and you can get it here....

EDIT: It is for the Infinity. I just examined it using CBROM and its missing the PCI ROM for the Gigabit Lan for the LanParty B...

Interestingly, it has AWDFLASH built into the Bios...

Ill glady buy a spindle of discs and or send some money your way to cover the cost of a CDR spindle if you like, I for one think this is a great idea, get with Travis about making a custom DFI-Street.com logo to print and slap on the top and make it "official" :) ??? Just some ideas to throw out there, but yes, PM me with an addy if a spindle or some dough towards one would help you, and Infinity bioses would be great

I'll even consider testing as I doubt Im gonna sell my board and chip after all and I have an a64 and MSI now, so I can afford to hose this one from time to time now :)

LMK about the CDRs

Cheers

J

Sweet, might have to check that one out. That is interesting, flash utility in it.

How did the BIOS look overall to you, decent? Have you tried that one before? REV2s better for 2x512 and BH-5?

I have noticed, with the BIOS I'm using, that if you hit Alt-F2 you can go directly to AWDFLASH from the BIOS. Is that it being built into this BIOS also, or does it just go directly to a floppy for it? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for looking at it.

I know uwackme was using N24ID619-8KA-REV2 on his UI for the 2x512 UTT/CH5 and getting 250FSB 2,2,2,8 on 3.5vdimm,or was that HKA-REV2 and is there a diff?Shinobi can you take a look and see if there is any diff?

On the new bios CD would the switches be built in or would we still type in what switches we want to use,I like being put back at the A prompt,so I can flash the same bios more than once

When you press ALT & F2 it just loads AWDFLASH from the Floppy. I think you need to create a batch file with the flash instructions and copy that, AWDFLASH and the Bios to a floppy, press ALT & F2 and it will flash it. Or so i imagine anyway... That option is in every bios.

Yeah i noticed a few settings he'd altered in the Bios, and a few that were disabled that aren't usually(like virus warning and video & system bios cacheable)....

Shutdown Temp is set to 60°C(a bit low imo), and it uses the 5.1.27 SATA Bios.

Your thinking of 3EG Rev2, some ppl say that is best for BH-5.

Ill glady buy a spindle of discs and or send some money your way to cover the cost of a CDR spindle if you like, I for one think this is a great idea, get with Travis about making a custom DFI-Street.com logo to print and slap on the top and make it "official" :) ??? Just some ideas to throw out there, but yes, PM me with an addy if a spindle or some dough towards one would help you, and Infinity bioses would be great

I'll even consider testing as I doubt Im gonna sell my board and chip after all and I have an a64 and MSI now, so I can afford to hose this one from time to time now :)

LMK about the CDRs

Cheers

J

Ill just have a downloadable 7-zip compressed iso. The download should be under 10mb. Thanks for the offer though!

Yes, I did notice after I put that 8k bios on the cd that it was an infinity bios. I fixed it though.

This cd will have awdflash built in too for those of you who dont know. Just boot to the cd, read the legend, flash the bios you want. It inputs all the important extra parameters such as /py /sn /cd /cp /cc /LD /R /f

Ill try to finish the first version of this cd and get the iso up for download tonight!

-Jordan

I was thinking about it, but I had heard that it is probably better for BH-5 also. So I might just hold off on it. 60C does seem a bit low.

I've been looking for some of Merlin's BIOSes, wanted to try them awhile back, but didn't download them and now they're harder to find. I have the one for LPB from sideeffect's download area.