need help w/Multi Boot System nf4 sli-dr

n2gaming

I would like to be able to boot up to win 98, win 2k pro & xp 64bit. Dont want to throw away good scanners and printers etc. and xp 64 bit won't use my older stuff. So does any one have a good sugestion as to the best multi boot is. I have removeable HDD trays but those make drives run hotter. I used to run a HDD for each os but if I can run one or two I would prefer that and am looking to keep HDD's in pc at all times. I have never made a succesfull duel/multi boot rig from one or two drives. Any suggestions is welcome and appriciated! Thankx

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

CHASSIS SUPER FOX MIDTOWER W/5 CHASSIS FANS

PWR SUP ATX ANTEC 500W SMART POWER 2.0

MB DFI LP NF4 SLI-DR

BIOS 623.3

CPU ATHLON 64 3500+ Venice

RAM OCZ Platnum 2x1GIG DDR 3200

IDE 0 W/D 10 GB ATA

IDE 1 Empres DVD Duel 16x

O.S. Win 2K Pro ( have XP PRO X64 not installed yet )

VIDEO 3D Fuzion Geforce FX 5500 PCI 256 MB

I like partition magic. I use version 8, and it's wonderful. On an older pc, just for crap and giggles, I partitioned a drive up, and installed windows 3.1, 95, 98se, 2000, me, nt, and xp pro! The only one that gave me any trouble was windows 3.1, but I did get it to run. Upon boot, I had a page long list of OS's to choose from.

Just use XP 64 bit as the boot selector,

Install 98 then 2K then XP 64 bit and it should have a menu that you can select the OS on boot up.

Just create three seperate partitions. One FAT32 for 98 and the others NTFS for 2K and XP 64.

Tmod

ok so it's not going to be to difficult. From what I just read on my win 2k help index I will not be able to see files on win 98 if I use NTFS for 2K and XP So if using FAT 32 on xp 64 is out of the question then I'll just have to deal w/it thankz

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

CHASSIS SUPER FOX MIDTOWER W/5 CHASSIS FANS

PWR SUP ATX ANTEC 500W SMART POWER 2.0

MB DFI LP NF4 SLI-DR

BIOS 623.3

CPU ATHLON 64 3500+ Venice

RAM OCZ Platnum 2x1GIG DDR 3200

IDE 0 W/D 10 GB ATA

IDE 1 Empres DVD Duel 16x

O.S. Win 2K Pro ( have XP PRO X64 not installed yet )

VIDEO 3D Fuzion Geforce FX 5500 PCI 256 MB

I will not be able to see files on win 98 if I use NTFS for 2K and XP

You got this switched around. While in a windows with NTFS, you WILL be able to see FAT32 files, but while in a windows with FAT32, you will NOT see the NTFS drives at all, through windows. Programs like partition magic will still see them though.

You can install xp, 32 bit with FAT32, matter of fact thats the way I prefer since it's faster - for me anyway. Not sure if you can do this with 64 bit or not.

with FAT32, you will NOT see the NTFS drives at all,

But there is a program out there that enables you to see and use NTFS drives from Windows98.

Link

Tmod