X2 4400 or 4000+ SD???

Guest nomad_merged

my gosh! 2850!!! - thats two FX-57's mate! lol....

Is this for real???... 4400 X2 @2850 it's the same as two FX-57???

the two cores are exactly at the same clock???

and if they are...one core of the 4400 at 2850 doesn´t put out the power

of the fx-57, does it??

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically the only diferences I can see is there is a multi lock a 11 for the X24400+ at 2800Mhz+ and the x2 shares memory bandwidth. Other than that should be the same.

My sandra scores are double FX-57 for arithmetic so I guess that answers the question too:)

And yes I have both cores stable (at the moment I backed off) to 2.83Ghz. The max I had it to was 2.87Ghz but that was just for testing. I was getting way to high on the voltage. Just wanted to see.

that´s true...i saw the sandra results over here and one question pop out...

...where you going to take advantages from that???

...in professional stuff yes, of course....encoding...and lots of stuff running at the same time...( what i have in this window..oh yes..i see..eheheh :D )...

...but in the daily simple stuff....a single core can handle...or am i

tottaly out????

i'm learnin over here ;)

Single core will do just as much unless using software that can use both cores. But I can be doing many things at once and not even feel any difference. Basically I can be encoding and watching a movie and surfing the web on one monitor and play a FPS intenisve game quite easily on the other monitor. Not feel a hitch.

And on the other hand it wont be long till dual core software starts hitting the market then single core will be left standing in the dust. I figured I could have got a 4000+ San Diego for $560 CAD or go for the X2 4400+ for $750 CAD and have alot more legs. I am very glad I chose the X2 :)